How come John Deere quit making the ..........

/ How come John Deere quit making the .......... #1  

eee

Gold Member
How come John Deere quit making the 4000 series and the 4100 series ?

/ How come John Deere quit making the .......... #2  
JDs model numbers being what they are, WHICH 4000 and 4100 series are you referring to..?

/ How come John Deere quit making the ..........
The compact tractors....Like the JD 4100 4200 4300 etc......It seems like they create and discontinue models regularly....wonder why ?
Just trying to understand...........

/ How come John Deere quit making the .......... #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The compact tractors....Like the JD 4100 4200 4300 etc......It seems like they create and discontinue models regularly....wonder why ?
Just trying to understand........... )</font>

Normal model year changeover like just about any other product we all buy /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ How come John Deere quit making the ..........
They really change a lot....compared to cars and trucks...It seemed to me like the 4000 series compact tractors were short lived.....but hey, I have not read much about the other models and brands....and compared there production years...

/ How come John Deere quit making the .......... #6  
In my limited knowledge...

The 4000 series was a groundbreaking setup for Deere, and it was not without problems. They fixed them pretty well, but I bet from a competitve standpoint they had to do a new series. You will still hear proponants of other colors compare their brand to the 4000 series with comments about how tiring the hst pedals were to operate, the front axle's aggressiveness, whatever.

The 10 series also brought some amazing features. I thing the e controls are fantastic.

But competition from Kubotas 30 series will mean that they need to up the ante again, and the huge torque increases as well as new clean air requirements will end up getting us some nice product.

Obviously, they are covering their bases by offering a curved loader arm setup like NH.

/ How come John Deere quit making the .......... #7  
Its hard to get people to come back and look at the new version if it still has the same model number as the old version.

I think JD has done a really good job of maintaining attachment compatibility. This makes my "obsolete" 4100 hold its resale value better - a buyer could still add a new backhoe, for example.

- Rick

/ How come John Deere quit making the .......... #8  
Backhoe? What backhoe does JD offer that will fit a 4100? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ How come John Deere quit making the .......... #9  
Check out the 46 backhoe.

Donny