Top n Tilt for 4310

/ Top n Tilt for 4310 #1  

JRS

Tractor
Ford 3550 Industrial / 1937 John Deere Model B/ 4310 John Deere
I have been reading all the info on Top n Tilt on the board but I still have some questions. I am probably going with the after market set up due to the cost from JD. Now for the questions. I have power beyond on the 4310 and have been told I can use this supply for the Top n Tilt. True of false? Has anyone bought the set up from CCM and if so how do you like it? And if so where did you mount the joystick and valve?
Thanks in advance, John

/ Top n Tilt for 4310 #2  
I don't have TnT "yet"!

But if understand things...

You can't use power beyond.

I thought the JD setup was way high, too. But after pricing the complete setup elsewhere; haven't found any that are substansively cheaper. Plus it is a slick installation, kinda like it was made for it...

Be sure to consider apples to apples (Dealer installed vs. self installed, complete package vs. less hoses, whatever...

I would not hesitate to buy from Carter and Carter. Straight shooters, just like I like 'em....

/ Top n Tilt for 4310 #3  
I have to somewhat agree with Rockyridge. I had JD install the TnT about 6 months after buying my 4400. Deere is quite proud of this setup, but I must admit it is really slick. They replace your right side arm rest with an arm rest with two slots and the TnT controls stick out of these. Vey convient and very neat. All of the rest of the pieces and fittings are obviously designed to fit the Deere. There is a rack that holds your 4 female hydraulic fittings at the rear of the tractor, so using these for other purposes is very easy.

That being said, now that I have a fair amount of experience working on my JD, if I had to do it again, I might try to install an after market setup just because its an adventure and I would probably learn a lot of new things in the process (like how to do it faster and easier the next time).