Easy question...

/ Easy question... #1  

tillboy2001

Gold Member
I'm not a tractor guy (yet)...but would someone please explain what the dual selective control valves are on the 4120 and their purpose? Advantage of having the 2 standard? I know it has something to do with hydralics...

/ Easy question... #2  
They are for operating the front end loader or other implements such as plow, snow blower, rotary broom etc.

/ Easy question... #3  
That is the "joystick" that is used to control the loader, or other options. It used to be an option, and is now std. equipment, so all units are loader ready.

Note: On Deere machines this is on the tractor, on others like Kubota, the control is on the loader..

It is Dual Selective, that is forward-back/ left-right , Hard forward is 'float' hard right is fast dump.

Clear as mud? /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ Easy question... #4  
I'm sure that others will chime in with more complete answers than this, but here's a shot at it. Hydraulic fluid is used to power things like loaders and snowblowers to name two. Two control valves are good because there are often two hydraulic functions on an implement. The loader, for example needs to be raised and lowered. Thats one function and needs a valve. The loader bucket needs to be rotated forward or backward. That's another function and another valve. Hence, two valves.

Hope this helps.

Tom

/ Easy question...
So what would the optional rear one be for?...back hoe?

/ Easy question... #7  
If you plan on buying a tractor and spending any amount of time here on TractorByNet, I would buy Mohammad's book. Click here to read about it. You will learn everything you need to know and support this forum financially. I was in your position a couple years ago, but the book helped me get the basics down. The forum then filled in the blanks.

Good luck, keep the questions coming!
Anthony

/ Easy question... #8  
Oh, to answer your last question, the rear can be used for things like Top and Tilt, or a 4-n-1 loader bucket, or to raise and lower your mid mount mower (MMM) deck.

For a backhoe you need additional hydraulic outputs at the rear. JD calls this Power Beyond. Controls for the backhoe are on the backhoe unit itself.