335 round baler

/ 335 round baler #1  

poorboy

Silver Member
I'm not sure where to ask this but does anyone know why my little round baler keeps opening a little while I'm baling. The manuel says that it could be leaky arms or a leaky control valve? Is there any way to check each or it guess and check? Other than this, it's been a pleasure to work with over the past 10 years. Between it and my lawn mower it caused me to buy a green tractor. Thanks guys.

/ 335 round baler #2  
Hi ya
i looked up a book of mine and it said that it should/could be the valve caused by dirty oil or a O ring or blowen seal.. if it was the rams leaking try opening it fully and watching the door ,with the claas ya can shut the flow off so it stays in the rams that would show if the oil is bypassing the seals on the rams themselfs i don't know how the JD locks the door to stop it closeing if you are working on belts etc etc
how tight are you making the bales ?? as the belts should be moveing not the door. seems funny to just start doing it tho if settings are the same /crop the same but just started doing it (yesterday it didn't today it dose )i'd have to run with a blown o ring or seal in valve
catch ya
JD Kid

/ 335 round baler
Jd Kid, It actually probably has been doing it for a while and I blamed it on the old tractor to help justify the purchase of the 5410. This was the first day of baling this year. The baler has a pin you pull and a sleeve drops to block the hyd arms from closing. Sounds like I NEED YOUR LITTLE BOOK for a few days. Thanks for the hope of not having to replace the works.

/ 335 round baler #4  
Hi ya
hope some of what i said helps the JD 335 never came to NZ the 435 was the smallest JD of the 35 range to get here.. i used to have a claas 46 rotocut 4 foot x 4 foot baler but sold it afew yaers ago to free up some cash and now just get a mate to come and bale for cash ..good size bale tho we used to do baled silage with it and some hay .i'll keep ya post in my mind i may run in to a mate who works on balers he may have a better idea .. as for the book i have, i have a few most are feedback from farmers and people in the know there is ones covering tractors (90 Hp up sorry guys)sprayers ,hay,feed costs,cattle yards, grasses only prob is they are based in OZ but it gives ya a few good ideas
catch ya
JD Kid