New 4020 series v. 4010 large frame comparisons

/ New 4020 series v. 4010 large frame comparisons #1  

jcmseven

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 2320; 4520
I am posting a question for my neighbor. He currently owns an older 40ish HP Massey Ferguson tractor, but has considered a used large frame 4000 series or a new "20" series of similar frame size. Apparently there are two used large frames locally that are for sale, but while considering these he has asked me about the newer large frames. Currently I own a mid-frame, and I could give him little insight into the newer large frames. My question is: do the new "20" series tractors in large frame offer significant performance enhancements to those they replace, or are the main differences primarily asthetic? I do know the statistics about the new PowerTech engines, but I cannot assess whether these machines offer a reasonable performance improvement over the ones they replace. With Yanmar's excellent reputation, I am somewhat uneasy about recommending the newer machines. This person has the financial means to purchase whichever of the two he wishes, but he is not style-conscious and would not go for a piece of equipment simply because it is "new." If any forum members have knowledge of both machine classes better than I, please let me know so I can forward the information. Thanks.

John M.

/ New 4020 series v. 4010 large frame comparisons #2  
Muhammad wrote an excellent review of the 4000 Twenty series and did a comparion between it and the older 4000 Ten series. I think it would definately be worth your time to check it out. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The New John Deere 4000 Twenty Series