Tires 2210 tire choices

/ 2210 tire choices #1  

rlcowder

Silver Member
I thougth I read that some of you got the HDAP tires on your 2210s. I don't see that option listed on the website. How did you do it?

/ 2210 tire choices #2  
When I bought my 2210 last spring, the dealer asked what tires I wanted. I told him I wanted HDAP tires & that was what he had installed.

/ 2210 tire choices #3  
I believe that they can be removed from an X500 tractor and just bolted right on the 2210. A dealer could just switch, and put the turfs from the 2210 on the X500.
/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ 2210 tire choices #4  
You're correct, the tire/wheel size and bolt pattern is identical to the X series. Deere originally said no HDAP ties because of the greater load from the 210FEL but several on here have HDAP's with the FEL with no problems. All the tires are 4 ply so I have to believe the weight ratings are quite similar. I have both bar and turf tires for my 2210 and the difference in traction is quite amazing. Still, a set of HDAP's would be a nice compromise......

/ 2210 tire choices #5  
I have an X with the HDAP tires and will say if using them for mowing they can tear the tuff some during sharp turns but usually only when ground is wet or turning on slopes. I was doing some digging this weekend with the loader and the ground is wet. the HDAP have filled up with our clay soil-packed around the tires quite nicely. I would take a photo but won't be able to post until next week due to going out of town.

/ 2210 tire choices #6  
If spring should ever come I will be needing to do some landscaping. I have a FEL, but the soil here is heavy clay. I have turf tires and so far they have spun badly when trying to move soil. Although so far I haven't used the back weight. Do you thing i should get the heavier tires or could I get away with the turf tires plus chains

/ 2210 tire choices #7  
someone bought a X585 SE and didn't want the HDAP's. So the dealer swapped the turfs off a 2210, the 2210 that I wanted for the nice looking HDAP's. They do not tear turf if you take corners slowly. They do work nice in snow. Not so hot in mud. They also seem to attract nails. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif