Are John Deere's Implements Made In The US?

/ Are John Deere's Implements Made In The US? #1  

Tombo

Tractor
none yet
Are John Deere\'s Implements Made In The US?

I know the small utility tractors are made in Japan, but I was just wondering about the attachments likes hoes and loaders?

/ Are John Deere's Implements Made In The US? #2  
Re: Are John Deere\'s Implements Made In The US?

My 4310 is assembled in Georgia with the motor from Japan, the seat assembly from Vietnam. The 430 loader is made in Welland, Ontario.

/ Are John Deere's Implements Made In The US? #3  

No simple answer.

The '90' series (790 and 990) CUTs are 'Made in Japan', as are a few of the smallest 4000-Tens.

The rest of the 4000-Tens and the new 3000-Twenty and 4000-Twenty CUTs are 'made' in the USA. At least the final assembly line is here, in Georgia, obviously components are sourced from all over the world, including the US.

Same appears to hold true for implements - there's not a general blanket statement that can be made. Some (most) seem to be built by Deere, some by other oem manufacturers for Deere. Some (perhaps most) in the USA, others elsewhere. Example - my Deere MX series rotary cutter has a gearbox made in Spain (not sure if it's a Deere plant or an outside supplier) but I believe the rest of the cutter is made here by Deere. The FELs are made in Canada at a Deere plant.

/ Are John Deere's Implements Made In The US? #4  

My neighbor sells Vermeer equipment and he was only too happy to point out to me that the big double side rakes that John Deere sells are made by Vermeer and painted green for JD. Sells for about 3000 dollars more too. Green paint must cost more.

/ Are John Deere's Implements Made In The US? #5  

We had a thread not long ago on this. My 410 loader and LX4 cutter were made in Welland, Ontario. Think that's near Toronto.

A friend of mine with a 2210 and LX4 claims that the gearbox of his LX4 says "made in China". I couldn't find any plate on mine that says where it was made. The main plate on the LX4 says "made in Canada".

My 410 level indicator came from the dealer with a slip that plainly said it came from Welland.

Ralph

/ Are John Deere's Implements Made In The US?

Well, I guess I would rather give money to Canada than China considering I have allot of French Canadian relatives... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Are John Deere's Implements Made In The US? #7  

I think my tiller (deere) is made in the UK somewhere..
I used to know but it is not u.s. to my understanding.

Box blade by frontier

Loader ???? I guess canada based on others comments.

Green paint does cost more....

tom

/ Are John Deere's Implements Made In The US? #8  

I thought the gear box's on the cutters, as well as the mower decks, were made in Italy. Could be wrong, but think that is the 'case'.

/ Are John Deere's Implements Made In The US? #9  

A lot of the Frontier implements are made by Woods in
Oregon, Illinois. Over the last couple of years, I have seen semi trailers loaded with green Frontier attachments on I-39
a few miles east of Oregon.

/ Are John Deere's Implements Made In The US? #10  

Green paint costs more?

Whenever I have shopped for attachments, I have tried to get the best value. It seems that usually the Deere stuff is right on the money. By the time I add the options to a KingKutter or other brand, they end up almost what the Deere is. BushHog might be cheaper if they'd paint them green....

But, then, I am convinced they are ALL too high, here.

My MX6 came from Welland, same for my loader, the backhoe said Iowa... I am almost certain that the LX6 I demo-ed also said Welland.

But, one big thing is they are great quality. they aren't just bottem of the barrel products with green paint and a high price. Look at some of the "bargain" brands and you will see the sorry welds, rough castings and rust.