john deere battery

/ john deere battery #1  

james322

Tractor
jd 790
i have a 790 10 months old with 45.8 hours and the battery is eating the hold down and eating the paint off some sheet metal . will john deere repair this under warranty.

/ john deere battery #2  
They have done that for others.

But the cure is spelled O P T I M A...

/ john deere battery
i dont mind buying a good sealed battery or fitting a box but i would like to have the sheet metal replaced if they will .

/ john deere battery #4  
If your 790 is only ten months old, it does have a two year warranty. The condition you describe is a warranty situation and should be dealt with before the damage is more extensive. You might ask your Dealer Service Manager to check for any DTAC solutions for the condition you describe. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ john deere battery #5  
Yes they will fix it if the battery is what caused the problem.

/ john deere battery #6  
Yup, let them fix it. But they will want to give you another JD battery. Even the "won't ever happen again with this battery" replacements seem to have the same issues. (And not just Deere is having this problem...)

The best fix I have found is getting the Optima. Even though it is money out of your pocket, it is better than having to transport the tractor back for service, and loss of use, or my time repairing damage.

Our weather has been crazy /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif with one day 65, the next is 12, and back to 65... But no matter how cold, the tractor starts right up, and no more leaks!!!!

/ john deere battery
i talked to the owner of the company today and he reffered me to his service tech and he said he would contact john deere and see what they will do and get back to me .

/ john deere battery #8  
Maybe this can help?Quick fix for the people who can't afford a new optima battery. You can use a square plastic pail and cut it to fit your battery this will hold the acid when it leaks.Also the fan can't pull the acid off the battery. I used a cat litter pail with the battery in it, then trim off the plastic to fit the area. I used this on my 212.

/ john deere battery #9  
I had the battery leak my 4310. At the time that it happened, I did not know about this forum or Optima, so JD replaced it with another battery and also had to replace the hydraulic cooler.

Looks like from what I am hearing here, that I will have to keep a close eye on it and think about buying an Optima.

Are they available in Canada.

Thanks

Richard

/ john deere battery #10  
I just gave up this week and put an Optima in my 4400. My first JD battery lasted less than a year, and they replaced it for free. The battery now is two years old tops. This summer I pulled it, serviced it, and cleaned the corrosion on the battery tray. I cleaned and repainted the corrosion on the tray last night, and put the 130 dollar optima in. I could not find a direct bolt in replacement for the 22NF series battery in the Optima line, so I had to build a batttery bracket.

I also noticed some acid or something ate part of the plasatic wire wrap, so I fixed that. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Wayne