JD 2210 with 210 loader forks

/ JD 2210 with 210 loader forks #1  

ctc1111

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040
Hey everyone, i was just wondering if anyone knew if i could use forks for a 410 loader on my 210 loader becuase the dealer told me for the forks its 1200$. and i found someone who can get me some for a 410 loader for 500$ and i was just wondering if anyone knew if these would work on my 210 loader.
Thank you for your consideration

Collin Corso

/ JD 2210 with 210 loader forks #2  
I got a set of "light-duty" forks from Payne's for my MF GC2300. They were spendy but probably less weight than what you're looking at. That would allow you to load more weight in the bucket...

/ JD 2210 with 210 loader forks #3  
If you shop around, at your dealers, they will be able to find lower cost manufactures. The John Deere units are too much $$$. The other problem is the heavier they are... the less you can lift on them.

My dealer suggested Horst Welding (around $550 to $650).
http://www.horstwelding.com/
http://www.horstwelding.com/index.php?item=44

I can't remember the other brand but if I can think of it, I will post it.
The one thing I don't like is that the forks are not solid tapered steel, but that is because the weight is an issue.

Any forks made in Canada are much cheaper.

/ JD 2210 with 210 loader forks #4  
Colin,
Are you talking about the quick tach John Deere pallet forks?

My John Deere forks fit both my 460 & 210 loaders.

Chris

/ JD 2210 with 210 loader forks
I'm not exactly sure. To put them on you remove the bucket from the loader arms and then replace the bucket with the forks. And i found a place where i can get them for 500$ for the 400 series loaders but i can't find the ones for the 210 series loader.

/ JD 2210 with 210 loader forks #6  
I bought a pair of payne forks for my 2210 after I reading about them here. It was the best investment I've made lately. i paid about $190 including shipping,they arrived in 5 days. I am clearing trees and brush and they work great. very heavy duty. they will hold more weight than the 2210 can, and go on and off in 30 seconds

/ JD 2210 with 210 loader forks #7  
If the forks fit the 400 series they will fit the 210. I have had the 72" bucket off my 460 loader mounted on my 210 loader.

/ JD 2210 with 210 loader forks #8  
The JD 2210 loader is the only SubCUT size tractor (that I know of ) that you can get a quick attach feature on the loader arms. I am not sure if this an optional feature or if it comes standard. Also not sure if the sizing is the same as the larger CUT size tractors (4x series?). I know you can get different bucket sizes , forklift frames and such from John Deere that will fit onto loaders with the quick attach feature. I think the only way you would be able to figure this out for sure is to go to a local JD dealer and take out a tape measure and see if the dimensions are the same. My guess is that they are not - the CUT size tractors are probably larger. In any case $500 for the forklift attachment is a bargain. I looked into buying a forklift frame and forks from ATI for my BX23 and it was going to be in the $1400 range. For $500 it might be worth buying it and finding somebody with a welder to adapt it to your 210 loader if that was possible.

/ JD 2210 with 210 loader forks #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I bought a pair of payne forks for my 2210 after I reading about them here. It was the best investment I've made lately. i paid about $190 including shipping,they arrived in 5 days. )</font>

Wow, I just checked the paynes web site, and they are now $290 for the light duty forks. $100 increase in month. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif
I know steel prices have been rising, but this bites.
Anyone else have reasonably priced clamp-on forks for my 2210/210?

/ JD 2210 with 210 loader forks #10  
cadblaster, I (hate to say it) paid the $290 last fall for those forks from Paynes. The price was certainly steep, but I justified it to myself saying I'd only have to buy 'em once and hopefully get years and years of use out of 'em. I've got to say they've been very handy so far and we haven't even started clearing the brush I originally had in mind for 'em.

Maybe fdowie bought those forks longer ago than it appears from the post??