JD 2210 hydrolic leak

/ JD 2210 hydrolic leak #1  

ctc1111

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040
Hi, i was plowing with my 2210 and the FEL when i noticed some hydrolic fluid comming out of the transaxle i saw it in the snow. I took to into the garage and on the left side right above the axle was a little cylinder about an inch and a half long, it was all covered in fluid. I noticed that when i let down the loader when the tractor was off it looked like air came out of this thing. What is this and what dose it do. I do not know if this is like an over pressure valve or what it is. Is this a problem or normal becuase its never happend before?

/ JD 2210 hydrolic leak #2  
I'll see if I can find anything.
I am not sure when I will make it outside tonight, I have family over. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Check your Hydro Fluid level. Just in case you are unsure of how. Lower your 3 point and the FEL all the way. Then check the little window just below and to the side of the rear PTO. It should be 1/2 to 3/4 up the glass.
If it is full, it is not a major problem yet.
If it is low, hold off on using the tractor for now. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I hope to get back to you soon! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ JD 2210 hydrolic leak
Yes i checked it its hard to tell because i've been driving it since 8 this morning but i had a friend lift up the loader while i looked at the glass, and when the FEL is lifted all the fluid in the glass gos away then when its lowered once its down in float it all comes back. Its just a little bit lower than full when the tractor has stopped for a half hour today, there was just like a little bubble of space at the top of the glass

/ JD 2210 hydrolic leak #4  
Collin,

I finally made it out to the tractor. First my sister-in-law came back from college for a visit and today was my mother's B-Day party.

I saw the little cylinder. It looks about the size of a Roll of Film Case, only longer.
It appears like it is a vent for the transaxle.
I will try to get into JDparts and see for sure.
Mine did have Hydro-Fluid on it but not dripping.

As long as your window displays the correct level, you are ok.
I check mine all the time because I am constantly going back and forth from FEL to Blade.

I'll let you know as soon as I get to JDparts.

/ JD 2210 hydrolic leak #5  
when you let down your loader with out the engine running it will rase the oil leval in your resavour. this is caused by not pumping oil in the back side of your cylinders.

/ JD 2210 hydrolic leak #6  
I have a 2210 and many times when using the FEL I can smell Hyd fluid, but have not had any leaking. From your description it IS the vent, and it's close to the operator station which explains the smell. Unless it starts pumping oil out the vent I think you're OK, just keep an eye on the oil level as the others have suggested.

/ JD 2210 hydrolic leak #7  
I believe that's the vent for the transmission (or very close to it). I had a problem earlier this winter where I noticed a bunch of red transmission fluid on the snow and then a slight drip afterwards. The JD mechanic figures that the vent got clogged by some snow and then when the pressure was high enough in the transmission, it blew out the snow and some fluid came with it. He cleaned it up and ran it in the shop for a while with no more leaking at all.