2210 with cyclone rake

/ 2210 with cyclone rake #1  

marnett

I was looking for a grass/leaf collection solution for the 2210 and have nearly settled on the Cyclone Rake. I looked at the MC519/powerflow combo, but the dealer wanted $1400 for the unit and they would have to pick up my 2210 to make some modifications to adapt it for use with the improvised JD solution (another $120). I also like the separate engine and options of the Cyclone Rake.

My main concern with the Cyclone Rake was how it would attach to the 2210. The makers of the Cyclone Rake stated they now have an adapter to allow their unit to be attached to the 3-pt. hitch on the 2210 (no extra charge). Apparently I only need to buy the JD boot for the mower deck (62C) for the best fit with their hose, or I could use their generic boot and modify it. Has anyone by chance seen how this setup works? The manufacturer does not have any pics available at this time. Also, does anyone know the price for the deck outlet boot for the 62C? Thanks.

/ 2210 with cyclone rake
Followup: I found some information after digging on the JD website. It appears the only 62C discharge boot available for the 62C deck is the one for the powerflow unit with the fan etc. I am now wondering how the mower deck adapter available from the cyclone rake folks would fit the 62C. I was hoping for an optimal solution from JD for the interface with actual deck. Any input on the best route for this is appreciated.

/ 2210 with cyclone rake #3  
Marnett,

Check out this post. Vacuum Material Collection Sys for John Deere 2210 Several conversations about different collections systems for the 2210. I previously owned a 445 with the MC519 cart and Powerflow head and loved the performance. When I began looking for a larger tractor, I wanted that same collection system. I chose the 2210 because it used the same decks as the X-series tractors and after some research, I convinced myself I could make the MC519 work with the 2210.

I built the 3-pt hitch show in the above thread. It allows you to carry the cart or let it roll behind you. One nice feature is being able to dump the collect material from a greater height. I think you also find the caster effect of the MC519 more desirable than a trailer. You can back up at will and not have to worry about jack-knifing your trailer. I’m also one for a single power unit. Having multiple engines on multi pieces of equipments starts adding up to a lot of maintenance time.

If you are interested in one of these hitches, drop me a line and we'll work something out.

John

Attachments

• 622349-Cart Dump 1.JPG
    622349-Cart Dump 1.JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 826
   / 2210 with cyclone rake #4  
I have a 62C Deck used with my JD X485 and the Cyclone Rake. I used Cyclone's adapter and the fit is good providing that you are careful with cutting the adapter.

/ 2210 with cyclone rake
I was wondering about that. That may be the route I have to take because JD doesn't seem to have an appropriate part. I e-mailed them on it and they said to seek an aftermarket solution.

Is there much drilling necessary for the cyclone rake deck adapter? Has the cyclone rake performed up to your expectations?

Thanks.

/ 2210 with cyclone rake #6  
There was no drilling to adapt the mounting to the deck. The adapter will mount tight. I probably could have done a better job of cutting the adapter, but the adapter works just fine. I am very pleased with the Cyclone Rake's performance. I have given the Cyclone 2 years worth of cleanup on 6+ acres of heavily treed yard area without any real problems. I'm glad I found the Cyclone Rake.