air ride seat

/ air ride seat #1  

GeorgeC

Silver Member
I was wondering if anybody has sprung (no pun intended) for the air ride seat?
My 3720 should be here soon, and I would like to know if this pricey option is "all that". I would love a better ride, but for almost $500 bucks, it better make the tractor ride like Aladin's magic carpet.

Thanks

/ air ride seat #2  
I have the same seat on my 4310. I love it, even without the air ride feature... Now if I had back trouble or something, I might think $5000 was a bargain....

/ air ride seat #3  
Kennedydiesel has this seat on his new 3720.

/ air ride seat #4  
I like mine. It's not as springy, and quite adjustable. I weigh in at 215 or so and I can inflate till my feet leave the floor. Having the ability to unlock the fore/aft motion is also nice.

My back gives me grief and I bottom the spring on my 455 so this was a simple choice for me. Not a lot of hardware for the $$$, but it works nice so far...

/ air ride seat
Although I don't have back problems, I'm a big boy at 265....
After 4 hours mowing, It takes me a few minutes to shake off the shakes.
Hopefully, I will find one at a dealer to try out.
Thanks for the replies folks..

/ air ride seat #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I have the same seat on my 4310. I love it, even without the air ride feature... Now if I had back trouble or something, I might think $5000 was a bargain.... )</font>

$5000 is a bargain? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif I am obviously hanging around the rich peoples forum

/ air ride seat #8  
See if you lived on this side of the Red River... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

$5000 give or take a zero....

/ air ride seat #9  
The entire suspension for the seat. There's not a lot to it, but it works. Air bag and fill/release valve. inside new mechanism. The mechanism is booted like the older seats were also. It is definitely nicer ride though...

/ air ride seat #10  
Had seat and suspension off to do Power Beyond install today. Seat and suspension weigh 65#+ which I am sure is quite a bit more than the std suspension. Along with the air bag there is also a small shock absorber or gas prop. Now if they had given the ability to adjust damping...

Still loving the air seat suspension!