Adding turbo to 10 series

/ Adding turbo to 10 series #1  

Jrrcorp

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 4410
Can the turbo which is now part of the new 20 series be added to the engine of a 10 series tractor? 4410,430 FEL, etc., etc.

/ Adding turbo to 10 series #2  
The 20 series engine is a complete new design. There is a tne84t which would be a turbo 4310 engine. I have found in on Yanmar sites, and on marine engine/construction equipment sites.

But It probably is more cost effective to sell your tractor and buy a 3520...

/ Adding turbo to 10 series
Thanks Mike. I was just wondering and I knew somebody out there had already looked into this possibility. JR

/ Adding turbo to 10 series #4  
On the 4000 20 series tractor they are using a JD engine versus a Yanmar in the 4000 10 series. I'd say there would be a lot of retrofitting involved. It would not be a bolt on upgrade.

I am not up on the 3000 20 series though.

I told my dealer last week I was mad at JD. I bought a 4710 in Oct. of 2003. JD announced the 4000 20 series launch a few months later. I would have definitely gone for the JD turbo rather than the non-turbo Yanmar.

Timing is everything!

I have no complaints with my 4710. The power is awesome and have about 300 hrs on it with no problems. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Adding turbo to 10 series #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I have no complaints with my 4710. The power is awesome and have about 300 hrs on it with no problems. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif )</font>

The proof is in the pudding....The Yanmar's are hard to beat for durability. I hope the new JD engines prove durable for the long haul.