Grading Blade on 300CX Loader

/ Blade on 300CX Loader #1  

454shooter

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra 3550 HST Cab, 850D Gator
I have a Meyer power angle snow blade that I want adapted to my 300 CX loader in place of the bucket for snow plowing. I am told that Curtis makes adapters for the JD but there is none listed for the 300CX on their web site. Anyone else do this? And if so, how do you like it and do you know of any other manufaturers that make adapters for mounting a blade in place of a bucket on a JD?
Thanks in advance for any comments.

/ Blade on 300CX Loader #2  

My advice is to sell the Meyer blade you have and get either the Curtis or a JD brand blade. I have the JD blade for my tractor, and have seen the Curtis. No comparison v. the others out there. In the end, you would be talking some more, but probably not a lot more money, and much improvement in convenience.

John M

/ Blade on 300CX Loader #3  
Can you weld and fabricate? Here is a POST on one I made last year for my 410 loader. It is pretty long but details very well how to build one. You can also do a search for FEL Snowplow to see more, just be sure to set the date range to all posts. There are several TBNers who have made similar setups. If you post your question in the attachments forum will will also get more response than the JD specific forum.

As to the 300CX not listed, any attachment from the older series(201, 410, 420, 430, and 460 loaders) will fit the quick-attach of your loader. They all use the same spacing for the pins and hooks.

Hope this helps some...

/ Blade on 300CX Loader
I don't have a welder but can have it done. Can't afford the JD blade either but did talk the dealer into throwing in the adapter. I will also look into the front quick attach in place of mounting on the loader. It is mentioned on the DVD but that is the only info I have found regarding it.
Thanks for the help. Shooter