2210 Dipstick tube broken

/ 2210 Dipstick tube broken #1  

JD2210MAN

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 2210
Hello everybody.
I was snooping around my throttle and such... Right in front of my face is a broken Dipstick Tube Bracket. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif I expect it will be no problem getting them to replace it at 107 hours but! I see the dipstick handle was rubbing on the coolant bottle. You should all check yours. The engine shakes a lot while the bottle is fixed to the body. Design flaw!

I have attached a photo for you all to see.

Attachments

• 666850-dip_2210.jpg
    666850-dip_2210.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 409
   / 2210 Dipstick tube broken #2  
JD2210MAN,

I'll go check mine tonight. I do know things are very tight around there. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ 2210 Dipstick tube broken
I'm going to pick up the new Dipstick tube tomorrow. Hopfully it will really be there over night. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
I need to figure out if I just need to bend the handle of the Dipstick away from the coolant tank or if there is some adjustment I do not see. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
Has anyone else found theirs to be rubbing? When these diesels start and shut off the really jump a few times. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ 2210 Dipstick tube broken #4  
I haven't looked at mine yet but I do know that the air intake tube rubs on the hood. Haven't figured any way to stop that.

/ 2210 Dipstick tube broken #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I haven't looked at mine yet but I do know that the air intake tube rubs on the hood. Haven't figured any way to stop that. )</font>

<font color="green">Same with my 2210 I figure once it rubs all the way through the hood that will stop it. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mike </font>