3000 Series Cruise / Speed Match / Motion Match

/ 3000 Series Cruise / Speed Match / Motion Match #1  

454shooter

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra 3550 HST Cab, 850D Gator
I ordered the cruise control for my 3720. It apparently also includes Speed Match and Motion Match (Correct me if I am wrong) My question is do you 3000 series owners that have same use the Speed Match or Motion Match and if so, what applications? Also on the cruise control, does it slow in curves or is it the same speed regardless of grades/ turns/ etc.?
Thanks Shooter

/ 3000 Series Cruise / Speed Match / Motion Match #2  
The cruise control will not slow on curves or hills, same as your car cruise. There is not much of a brain in it, other than to maintain the 'speed'. If you think you should slow down, you will have to supply the brain power and the reaction, I do believe. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Shooter:
I just read your bio and see you are a State Trooper. Were you pulling our leg on that question about cruise control slowing for curves? I do think you were. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ 3000 Series Cruise / Speed Match / Motion Match
beenthere:

No BS on this end. A guy I work with has a diesel tractor (small Toro I believe) with cruise control that adjusts for turns. Thought it sounded like a good idea and hoped that JD might do that as well.

I looked at the 3720 manual and have found that I will just have the standard cruise control (mistake on my part not knowing that a standard cruise was included). For those that have the auto style upgrade with motion and speed match - do you use either much?

Thanks Shooter

/ 3000 Series Cruise / Speed Match / Motion Match #4  
My experience has been mostly on the now being phased out Ten Series, but the Cruise/Speed Match/Motion Match option appears to be unchanged. I have played with Speed Match and can imagine it being useful for somebody, but not for me. I usually kept the Motion Match switch set for the more aggressive setting, but now and then found the less aggressive setting more suitable, particularly when doing work on turf where it helped reduce tire skidding.

The most useful of the features for me has been the Automotive cruise. When using cruise it allows you to "resume" or return to the previously set speed after slowing or stopping. It also has a +/- switch that lets you speed up or slow down in stepped increments, similar to your car. With the standard cruise you have to find your speed and set it again everytime after slowing or stopping.

My experience is that the cruise maintains the speed exceptionally well as long as the engine isn't overloaded. When Load Match is turned on, it will slow the tractor to prevent the engine speed from dropping too much, even if cruise is set. I have used this combination while mowing and even once while running a snow blower and it works great. Just set cruise at the highest speed you want to travel, then Load Match will automatically slow the ground speed as taller grass (or deeper snow) is encountered and return to speed as the load lightens.

/ 3000 Series Cruise / Speed Match / Motion Match #5  
Can I bring this topic up again please?

So what does the 3X20 series come with standard? I know cruise button on left and I-match on left side of colum. Does it come with motion match? If so how do you use/set it.

IS the $86 upgrade to automotive worth it to get the extra buttons or do you have it already?? Manual says Def is on the display for motion match when you have ehydro and no extra buttons.

I am a bit confused on all of these three options.

/ 3000 Series Cruise / Speed Match / Motion Match #6  
The button on the left of the colum is load match and it comes standard. I match is a hitch bracket that mounts to your 3 point hitch , for easy equipment atachment. I hope this helps.

Jim

/ 3000 Series Cruise / Speed Match / Motion Match #7  
The upgrades add functionality and make the existing features easier to use. They are well worth the money, especially if you need an item for a Christmas or Birthday idea from those poor shoppers who have been stuck buying neckties... (but i like thies, just humor here...)

All you get for $86 is a switch and a little pigtail. But the added value is what really matters...

/ 3000 Series Cruise / Speed Match / Motion Match #8  
I guess I meant Load match not I-Match /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

So - the questions I still have can I use all the functions without the controls on the right side?

Can I install the switch plate myself at a latter time? Does it come with the two extra switches?

/ 3000 Series Cruise / Speed Match / Motion Match #9  
The switches make using MotionMatch easier. They add upgraded cruise control (resume like a car's) You can easily install them yourself, the hardest part is cutting the plastic. ( there is an outline, a die grinder or mototool does a good job..)

If you order them with the tracor the labor might get thrown in...

/ 3000 Series Cruise / Speed Match / Motion Match #10  
So is there specific funtctionality to set the rate of deceleration for motion match with the upgraded buttons?