F725 Charging problem

/ F725 Charging problem #1  

Weedsnthorns

Tractor
Mitsubishi MT372D
My F725 is eating batteries !! Mower will not engage if Ive run the tractor for an extended period of time. I'm told that it takes quite a bit of amps to engage. Is my battery not charging all the time? I put it on an automotive charging tester and all shows good. Is there a special generator/alternator test, or is there another issue that I'm not aware of? This tractor has the twin cooled Kawasaki engine. Much help needed and very appreciated.

Keith

/ F725 Charging problem #2  
I have a 735 that had problems with starting and charging. Battery and charging system checked OK. Found that ground cable was not tightened enough. I believe that the PTO has its own ground. Give it a look. In addition, check connectors under the PTO switch. They are spade type connectors that could have a loose connection.
There is an adjustment for the PTO air gap. .015 to .025". If the gap is to wide the clutch will not fully engage. This will make clutch draw to much current. The PTO clutch will draw a lot of current when engage. Ounce it is engaged it should draw very little current.
Here is a thread with information on some other thing to check. Click Here.