Mowing 2210 mower deck lock

/ 2210 mower deck lock #1  

fpc

Anybody ever have trouble turning mower height adjustment knob on the 2210 from the lock position. I can't seem to get the knob to turn and release the deck so I can lower it. Is there a trick to getting that knob to turn easily that I'm missing?

I locked the MMM mower in the up position so I could more easily roam my yard with a PTO chipper I had mounted on the 3 point. I was finding that before I locked the MMM deck, it would sometimes just drop from the up position as I was moving the tractor.

Thanks

/ 2210 mower deck lock #2  
fpc,

Raise the deck up before turning the knob. That should solve it; the leakdown will put weight on it. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ 2210 mower deck lock #3  
I have found that it if you accidentally step on the height knob driving it further down on it's shaft that mine will lock up. I occasionally have to pry it up to un-jamb it. On mine I believe it's due to the hole in the plastic decking and the shaft not being centered. The side of the knob seems to bind on the side of the hole. The mower deck linkage adjustments are also all critical in the smooth operation of the deck and it's adjustment knob. I too have found that my 3 point hitch leaks down quite often and I have to lock the hitch up with the hitch drop rate control valve. Anybody know what leakdown rate on the 3 point is normal?

/ 2210 mower deck lock
Thanks to you and JD Fanatic!

/ 2210 mower deck lock #5  
If you lift arm isn't raising the deck high enough, it is very difficult to get it out of "lock" position. Make sure the adjustable link (from LH 3pt arm to mower lift arms) is the correct length and that the lift arms come close, but do not hit the frame when raising the 3pt to it's highest point. After the first year with my 2210 I did this adjustment and my deck has been a lot easier to lock and unlock since then. Good luck!

/ 2210 mower deck lock #6  
My deck lock has been "goofy" since day one. I have the link adjusted as tight as I dare and still sometimes cant get it unlocked. I have to get off, grab the left side of the deck and shake it while turning the knob. Plus lately seems the deck keeps shifting on the front U hangar to the point the U thing is hard to remove. I can never get the deck level side to side, seems to keep changing.