Chain Storage on 3000 20 Series ?

/ Chain Storage on 3000 20 Series ? #1  

454shooter

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra 3550 HST Cab, 850D Gator
Anyone have any good ideas for chain storage on the 3000 20 series? I have been carrying 2 chains on my 3720, one on either side of below the seat but there are wires there that I am afraid might be damaged due to carrying them there. I have one wrapped around the hood guard now but I am not happy with it there. Hoping one of you tractor masters has a brilliant idea for chain storage. I have read threads where 'chain boxes' were welded on to the tractor and if that is an option I am hoping someone has already done same and can offer pros/cons.
(The chains and the backhoe have come in real handy as I was stuck again today when I had a full bucket on the loader and was dumping into a small creek and sunk right in. All 4 wheels were spinnning but it took the backhoe stretched out and a chain hooked to a tree and the bucket teeth. I then pulled myself out with curling the hoe.)

Thanks Shooter

/ Chain Storage on 3000 20 Series ? #2  
I carry mine on top of the ballast in the ballast box. But am suspecting you have the hoe on, so that won't work for you. You are right, there were some clever ideas for chain buckets built from some square tubing that looked pretty good. Maybe a search will bring up those pics.

/ Chain Storage on 3000 20 Series ? #3  
You can try to store your chains in the tube that goes acrossed the loader arms, with some removable pipe plugs in the ends to keep it in there. There were some pics of that posted here on TBN, try searching for "chain storage" I would do it for you, but my dial-up is real slowwww today!

/ Chain Storage on 3000 20 Series ? #4  
If we had the fenders that are on the 5x03 series we could bolt a big tool box on it, but we are stuck with plastic ones instead.

D.

/ Chain Storage on 3000 20 Series ?
kennyd, I have the 300CX and there is no tube that goes across the loader arms. I guess I'll just keep them on the sides of the seat and watch for wire damage till I come up with something better.
Thanks....Shooter

/ Chain Storage on 3000 20 Series ? #6  
Shooter,
Sorry, My bad /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
I have not studied the new loaders in person, I just ASSumed there was a tube like the old ones.