Tractor
    Kubota 7610

Default John Deere 1050

My neighbor has a John Deere 1050 not sure of the year. He wanted to me to find out what grade oil and how many quarts he should use for the engine oil. The tractor is like new and only has 310 hours. He used to bring it to the Deere dealer but they closed. Thanks

Veteran Member
    Home-1+ acres New Hope, TX / 24 acres-Fannin County
    Tractor
    JD 950

Default Re: John Deere 1050

I have a 950, similar to the 1050 except the 1050 has turbo. I use Rotella T 10W40. I just add oil until it comes up to the full mark on the dip stick. Start it a let it run a couple minutes to let the filter fill up. Stop it and let it sit for a couple minutes. Then add oil to bring it back up to the full mark. With new filter, I think I put in 6+ quarts.
    If he wants to know the year, you can look at <font color="blue"> tractortips.com </font> and check the serial numbers and years made.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    JD 1050 2wd, Case 580D 2wd

Default Re: John Deere 1050

Crankcase 6.8 quarts with filter I use 15W40 Rotella or Chevron Delo 15W40 depending on what is on sale.

Trans./hyd. with 4wd 36 quarts
    without 4wd 27 quarts Both are JD hy guard made by Troco (sp?)

4wd housing 9quarts 80/90W gear oil

Specs are from my JD 1050 manual. HTH

Any carquest/napa/Oreily's that has a paper catalog with someone that can use it (gasp!) should be able to get filters for him. They all have Wix part#s

He will need the tractor serial number as there are two different trans/hyd filters depending on year.

There are two air filters as well, inner and outer. The inner gets changed every other outer change.

Buying all the filters and enough oil for the engine change is about $80 or thereabouts.