Tractor
    mf 1428v & 1464 fel

Default FEL for new JD House

I couldn't help myself - THey're now marketing JD HOUSES!

see it here http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050624/.../home_branding.

Wonder what attachments will be available [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Default Re: FEL for new JD House

I read that. Boy, JD is hard up and only $5K?

Someone with a 1/2 million dollar home: A) really want a JD mower and b) it is a toy! or C) really cares to have one!

I would say, "Keep the JD stuff, show me the money!"

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    JD 4300, JD X485 JD 4x2 Gator, JD 425, JD455

Looks like a clever experiment in marketing. That Deere dealer nearby will have an opportunity of a lifetime to be close to a concentrated area like that. I've noticed some communities that are already like that, almost a Club, without it being tied to the beginning development.

I am sure the other tractor companies will do the same thing, or attempt to do it.

I only don't like it a bit, becuase it seems to create a clique or groupie-type thing. Pitty the homeowner, or envy, the homeowner who trades his green in for some other color. I wonder if there is a covenant that would restrict that? I hope not.

I do not think other dealers will follow. The wording is "The purchase price includes a choice of landscape designs prepared and installed by Deere. Thousands of dollars worth of riding lawnmowers, leaf-blowers and other equipment will fill one of the three garage bays."

I do not know what that means and it is not an "X-series" either" by the wording. In the pix is a toy at like $1,XXX at Home Depot and I am sure it is the cheapest deere then can find.