Dumb me- just wouldn't listen

/ Dumb me- just wouldn't listen #1  

DJLX

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 2210
Dumb me- just wouldn\'t listen

Ever notice even after you recieved good advice ya just don't listen? Well I took out one of my ROPS light the other day. Heard a squeal and then crunch. I was cutting grass and was looking down as I thought I had run over something. Then looked over my shoulder and saw my smashed light. I had gotten too close to the wood swing set and whammo. I don't know how much they cost but I think I'll just take the other side off as I don't use them. Dumb me /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ Dumb me- just wouldn't listen #2  
Re: Dumb me- just wouldn\'t listen

DJLX,

I was looking at my lights the other day, and noticed on the left one, the yellow was popped out from the red. It had gotten caught on something or other. I was able to pop it back into place, but it is much looser than the right. After thinking about it, I decided to reverse them and place them inside the ROPS. It works pretty good, although you can get a pretty nasty scrape on your arms until you get used to them there (I know!) /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ Dumb me- just wouldn't listen #3  

I put mine inside the ROPS. You have to swap sides with them to do this.

Ralph

/ Dumb me- just wouldn't listen #4  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( You have to swap sides with them to do this.)</font>

<font color="green">When I moved my lights to the inside of my 2210's ROPS I don't recall swaping sides if you mean from the left side of the ROPS to the right. I just moved the light to the inside and flipped it top to bottom so the red reflector still faced the rear.

Mike</font>

/ Dumb me- just wouldn't listen #5  

Exactly how I handled it. If you are careful, you don't even need to disturb the nylon ties that hold the wiring together. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Dumb me- just wouldn't listen #6  

I just trimmed the lower branches off my trees> /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Actually my wife does better at watching obstacles than I do. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif My lights are where deere put em.

/ Dumb me- just wouldn't listen #7  

The lights are $37.75. Don't ask me how I found out. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ Dumb me- just wouldn't listen #8  

My dealer didn't charge shipping on the first replacement. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ Dumb me- just wouldn't listen #9  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( <font color="red"> Ever notice even after you recieved good advice ya just don't listen? </font> Well I took out one of my ROPS light the other day. Heard a squeal and then crunch. I was cutting grass and was looking down as I thought I had run over something. Then looked over my shoulder and saw my smashed light. I had gotten too close to the wood swing set and whammo. I don't know how much they cost but I think I'll just take the other side off as I don't use them. Dumb me /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif )</font>
============
<font color="red"> Yep People disregard what I say all the time.</font>

/ Dumb me- just wouldn't listen #10  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( DJLX,

I was looking at my lights the other day, and noticed on the left one, the yellow was popped out from the red. It had gotten caught on something or other. I was able to pop it back into place, but it is much looser than the right. After thinking about it, I decided to reverse them and place them inside the ROPS. It works pretty good, although you can get a pretty nasty scrape on your arms until you get used to them there (I know!) /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif )</font>
=======
The best place to mount rops lites is on a swiveling lite bar attached to the rear of the top cross bar of the ROPS.