3320 w/ 300CX FEL won't lift and Dump??

/ 3320 w/ 300CX FEL won't lift and Dump?? #21  
Re: 3320 w/ 300CX FEL won\'t lift and Dump??

I never noticed this problem with my 430 loader. but went and specifically tried it. There is no problem with it, is easy does both simultaneously...

/ 3320 w/ 300CX FEL won't lift and Dump??

My dealer sent out the Deere rep, he confirmed that it is almost impossible to lift and dump at the same time, and then it is at a snails pace. He also confirmed the SCV valve used in these tractors is non-adjustable (cheaper). He thought was that you have to go to a commercial tractor to get the upgraded valve allowing adjustments and better control. IMO, the price we pay for these machines they should come with the commercial valve..... The Kubota's cost less and they do...

Where did you find the "2005 Commercial & Consumer Equipment Purchasing Guide"? That is interesting. I also pointed out to the Deere rep that I made part of my purchase decision based upon the loader demo video on the 3X20 web site. It brags about the speed advantage of the Deere, the thing they don't show is simutaneous functions, the Kubota will anihilate the Deere in that area, pretty mis-leading...

/ 3320 w/ 300CX FEL won't lift and Dump?? #23  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( It brags about the speed advantage of the Deere, the thing they don't show is simutaneous functions, the Kubota will anihilate the Deere in that area, pretty mis-leading... )</font>

I'm not out to start a flame war here, but I seriously question if that video reflects real world senerios and their entire product line. At every product sales training I have ever been to they always knock Deere for having slow loaders. In many cases their speeds are over 2x as slow as the competition (I have BX vs 2210 times somwhere). Not that this is always a good thing, sometimes I wish some functions where slower so you could have more control.

/ 3320 w/ 300CX FEL won't lift and Dump?? #24  

Isn't loader speed inversely proportional to lift capacity within a given pump capacity?

/ 3320 w/ 300CX FEL won't lift and Dump?? #25  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Isn't loader speed inversely proportional to lift capacity within a given pump capacity? )</font>

I always thought it would be, but apparently its not. From one of my pieces of literature... (not NH to be objective)

2210 has 5.5gpm
TZ24 has only 3.75 gpm
the loader lifts are neck in neck.

Boom raise 3.8
Boom lower 2.0
scoop 3.4
dump 2.4

TZ24
Boom raise 2.9
Boom lower 2.9
scoop 1.9
dump 1.4

/ 3320 w/ 300CX FEL won't lift and Dump?? #26  

Um, ok stick with me here...

Are these lifts measured at the same point, 'cause that's real important you know..!

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Weird!

/ 3320 w/ 300CX FEL won't lift and Dump?? #27  

I haven't tried the raise and dump at the same time, but have you tried this with and without the regen active?

/ 3320 w/ 300CX FEL won't lift and Dump??

Good question. Yes myself, the Deere Service Manager, and the Deere Zone rep have tried everything. (We think!) I've been working on this with them for almost 2 months, it really keeps coming back to the lower cost SCV valve Deere is using. For most folks this just won't be a problem, for people used to Kubota, or commercial equipment from most makes, it will seem pretty obvious. (and kinda a pain!)

/ 3320 w/ 300CX FEL won't lift and Dump?? #29  

A few thoughts/replys.

I got the JD 2005 COMMERCIAL & CONSUMER EQUIPMENT PURCHASING GUIDE from a dealer. It was the second dealer I visited. I was frustrated by the JD web site because I thought I should be able to click on an attachment and get a simple specs page with a price - like you'd expect from any decent web site. I had questions: How deep will this till? How much will this bucket hold? How high can I reach? What I thought were obvious questions. So I asked this second dealer if they had any spec sheets. He sent a guy upstairs to get a box of these - funny I had to ask. It's a great book - about a half inch thick - and will probably sell me on more attachments. Of course I'll have to buy a tractor first - right after they fix this valve problem.

I also compared to the Kubota GL3130. It will easily do all functions simultaneously with decent speed. I noticed that on the JD, two simultaneous functions had decent speed, one was dog slow, and one didn't work. I asked the Kubota rep and he said Kubota uses a better valve. The JD sales guy tried to make it sound like they made it that way for safety. Like I'm not smart enough to do two things at once.

I don't buy it. I also agree that if you've used bigger commercial equipment like a backhoe, you expect it. On a backhoe, you need to be good at three things simultaneously if you want to be efficient - swing right, extend boom, dump. Since it's usually a rental for me, I gotta get all I can out of 8 hours.

I'm also curious. It seems a few people here have said their 3520s and 3720s seem to work. Could this be only a 3120 and 3320 issue?

/ 3320 w/ 300CX FEL won't lift and Dump?? #30  

Well, to adress another thought, I have NO such issue with my backhoe. I have heard the statement "You just can not do two functions at once with these small hoes" too often not to test THAT! Mine isn't a rental, and I usually am not in a hurry, but I do try and keep improving my efficiency. It is one nice digging machine.

I am curious, too, to hear other owners try this. BTW, have you guys been doing ythe lift/dump with full or empty buckets? I tried both, with no difference, but it might be a change on the 3x20s...