3320 w/ 300CX FEL won't lift and Dump??

/ 3320 w/ 300CX FEL won't lift and Dump?? #1  

Jomo45

Bronze Member
3320 w/ 300CX FEL won\'t lift and Dump??

I have about 35 hrs on my new 3320, 300CX, heavy bucket and have a problem lifting and dumping at the same time. My neihbor has the exact tractor and exact same problem. When trying to lift and dump (right and back) the loader will barely move. The dealer says this is normal, all the other tractors I have used didn't work this way (incl my dads new Kubota 4330!) Anyone else experiencing this? Thanks!

/ 3320 w/ 300CX FEL won't lift and Dump?? #2  
Re: 3320 w/ 300CX FEL won\'t lift and Dump??

My 3720 will lift and dump at the same time but the lift is slow while dumping and the dumping is slow also (much slower than doing one action at a time). I don't see it as a problem as if you get trying to do things too quickly thats where trouble comes in. In the past month of owning my 3720 I have had several severe pucker factor incidents due to trying to go too fast doing something (like lifting and dumping while moving). Hope this helps......
Shooter

/ 3320 w/ 300CX FEL won't lift and Dump?? #3  

My 3320 with 300cx is the same. My dealer sells J.D. and Kubota. We put the 3320 next to a L3400 and checked lift and dump rate, starting both loaders from ground level. The 3320 was faster. The L3400 could lift and dump at the same time and rate, the 3320 could not. My salesman pointed this out to me. He also pointed out the fact that the 300cx had a 1 ft. higher lift capability over the Kubota.

/ 3320 w/ 300CX FEL won't lift and Dump??

Thanks for your input! I am a little unclear, are you saying that the 3320 won't do the lift and dump at the same rate as the Kubota? That is my neighbor and I's experience. If I just do one function at a time the speed is excellent, and it slows for lifting and curling, lower and curl, or lower and dump, but this is an acceptable speed. It is only the lift and dump that goes to super slow motion... The dealer is now wanting to bring a Deere Rep out to look at our tractors, he isn't holding out much hope though...

I also agree, too fast gets me into trouble!! The problem I am experiencing is that the lift and dump combination is so slow it is basically unuseable. When spreading material it is nice to be able to move forward or backward while lifting and dumping, I currently must have zero ground speed.... kinda defeats the purpose of the hydro...

/ 3320 w/ 300CX FEL won't lift and Dump?? #6  

My dealer pointed out to me, that the front loader would not dump the bucket at the same time the arms were going up or down. He said it must have something to do with the hydraulic valve set up. Maybe Deere designed it that way because the hydraulic pump could not keep up otherwise. That was just his guess, he really couldn't explain it. I had the front bucket at full height, then pushed the joystick forward to lower, held that position and pushed stick to full right. It would not rotate the bucket to dump. I would like to know why as much as you. Please let me know if you find out. I haven't found it to be that much of a problem in actual everyday use. cruzr

Sounds like you have seen the exact issue my nieghbor and I are dealing with, I suspect it affects most or all 3320's. These tractors have dual pumps and should have no problem doing two functions at once, in fact they will do the other dual operations, just not the simultaneous lift and dump operation. I am fairly certian this is an adjustment issue or design flaw in the SCV valve, it just isn't opening the flow properly for simutaneous lift and dump. I definitely agree with you that the Deere should do anything a Kubota can, only better! (I actually am very pleased with this tractor other than the loader problem)

/ 3320 w/ 300CX FEL won't lift and Dump?? #8  

Wow, the 3320 is rated at 13.9gpm, the Kubota 3130 shows 11.7 but then the cylinder sizes could make a difference. Now a 4330 could easily outclass the 3x20, but that is a different frame size. I haven't had any issues like this with my 4310...

/ 3320 w/ 300CX FEL won't lift and Dump?? #9  

Have any other 3x20 series owners noticed what we have described, with your loaders? Now I'm wondering if it is the same with the 300x loaders also? Hopefully some John Deere exec. or rep. browse's the forum and can answer our questions. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

My dealer has indicated that it is inherent in all 3X20, and possibly 4X20 tractors..... I might not have noticed the problem if I hadn't spent quite a few hours on my Fathers two Kubotas, they definitely do not have the same problem. I really got used to moving and dumping at the same time, this is a real time saver when spreading several loads of dirt or rock... (although I don't care for the treddle peddle for the Kubota hydro, Deere's set up is much better!)