4320 Blowing blue smoke and way down on power.

/ 4320 Blowing blue smoke and way down on power. #11  
What did they find? Did they give you a new tractor yet?

D.

/ 4320 Blowing blue smoke and way down on power.
Well the backhoe broke /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif and they can't remove it from the tractor to put it onto the pto dyno to test it. There supose to call me tommorow with an update /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Jim

UPDATE!!!!! Well its been over 3 weeks at the dealers and JD D" Tech has my dealer jumping thru hoops . It dynos at 45 PTO HP but when they take it off the dyno it starts smoking and missing real bad and then clears up . Then If you restart it at idle and give it throttle it starts smoking and missing again.They have put a new cylinder on the backhoe for another problem. And now D" Tech wants them to remove the exahust manifold to see which cylinder is acting up.The mechanic says he can't run the engine without the manifold because of the turbo. The dealer says that they will need the tractor for about 2 more weeks to get to the bottom of this problem. I called JD direct and explained how upset I am that out of owning the tractor 5 weeks its been at the dealers about 3 and a half.and they need it 2 more . They said there field service man would look into it but that could take over a week to get to my case. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif. John Deere if you read this HELP!!!!!!
This tractor is used for my business and is costing me money and time.Overall the dealer has been very good to deal with and has kept me in the loop. But D" TECH has them doing testing on this thing every day with little answers?My dealer is as frustrated as I am but it doesn't help resolve the problems. I'm at the point of maybe buying a Kubota ( A smaller unit to help fill in) But I shouldn't have to do that if I already own a new John Deere!!!I feel like my hands are tied.and no 1 has answers.

Jim

/ 4320 Blowing blue smoke and way down on power. #14  
I fwd this to a contact that I have. Not sure what he can do, but I asked that he perhaps refer this to someone who can get things going...

Thank you Kennydiesel. I'm at witts end and appreciate any help. I have a large shipment of aluminum coming in tomorrow ( a little more than 4 tons total should be about 6-8 pallets) That we have to unbundle it and off load it by hand. The metal company charges for any time extra the driver is here and it could take an hour or more to unload the truck. We get shipments 1-2 times a week. We can't use a forklift here because of the 18 percent incline in the driveway and was 1 of the major reasons for such a big tractor.I also do some landscaping on the side and have had to back out of at least 4 different jobs for not having the tractor to do it with. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Thank you
Jim

/ 4320 Blowing blue smoke and way down on power. #16  
A good dealer would provide you with a loaner/rental at no charge. A GREAT dealer would provide you with a new machine and send the defective one back to JD...

The amount of down time (many days vs 2 hours of running good) in this case is pretty rediculous. It should not take more than a day or so to do full diagnosis (compression check, fresh fuel and filters etc) on these machines

/ 4320 Blowing blue smoke and way down on power. #17  
Think you should be asking/insiting for a new tractor.

As you have been losing money due to lack of tractor start some real complaining and show up with your loss figures asking for compensation.

Deer can solve the problem on their own time.

Egon

/ 4320 Blowing blue smoke and way down on power. #18  
I agree with others. You've been waiting WAY too long for them to get around to solving the problem. It's not your problem, it's their problem and they need to get on it. If I were you (and I'm not know to be a complainer), I'd be down there right now demanding they fix it within 3 days, give me all my money back or give me a new tractor. They can't expect people to wait forever when you need the tractor. That's crazy.

/ 4320 Blowing blue smoke and way down on power. #19  
I have a feeling you are going to have to state your demands in writing. I've been there...

/ 4320 Blowing blue smoke and way down on power. #20  
I wonder if it will be a Stanadyne issue???