Can't grease axle pivot pin on 2210

/ Can't grease axle pivot pin on 2210 #1  

CFHartman

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deer 2210
Can\'t grease axle pivot pin on 2210

I only have 49.5 hours on the tractor I was doing the 50 hour service. I can't get grease into the front axle pivot pin. I loosened the bolts on the front and got some grease to come out around the plate. Nonthing came out around the inside bushing.
Has anyone had this problum.
Charlie

/ Can't grease axle pivot pin on 2210 #2  
Re: Can\'t grease axle pivot pin on 2210

I think I would remove the zerk and check it for blockage.

/ Can't grease axle pivot pin on 2210 #3  

Some of the center pivots take a ton of grease before it starts pushing out. If the zerk is open that might be the problem /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Can't grease axle pivot pin on 2210 #4  

My 2210 is 2 years old - been having the same problem lately.

I would always give that axle pivot a couple pumps of grease when servicing - it would usually take about 2-3 pumps then seem to stop taking it. I thought it was designed that way.

I just installed a loader for the first time a couple months ago, and the front axle really began to squeal with the weight of the loader. So I lifted the front end, and dept pumping (very hard) while pivoting the axle.
That would make it quiet down for a while, then come back.
Anyway, after doing this probably 20 or so different times, the grease seems to be getting to it now. I've had to pump the grease gun as hard as I could until it just wouldn't go anymore.
I talked with my dealer, and he offered to bring it in and check it out - said he would cover it if something was wrong even though I was a couple months out of warranty.

Anyway, mine seems to be ok now.
Just keep pumping and pivoting.

/ Can't grease axle pivot pin on 2210

Thanks Prosperity. That sounds like mine. I have taken the fitting out. It had pressure bult up behind the fitting.

/ Can't grease axle pivot pin on 2210 #6  

CF Hartman

I to had the same problem, here's what I did.
Start with a compressor and a air chisel with the blunt end, remove the deck, drive with front end up onto car ramps.

As the pin is almost a press fit, remove the 2 nuts and the shims behind the plate. Now the hard part. Using the chisel, push the pin towards the front of the tractor, I did about 2-3 inches. This took about 20 minutes.

I then pushed the pin back into place and pumped about 1/4 tube of grease into the pin. It worked, what ever I did broke free and I have no pressure build up what so ever.

This might not be the correct way to do this, It wasn't hard just took a little time.

Malvern /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Can't grease axle pivot pin on 2210 #7  

I had the same issue with my 4100 and did nothing. Over the first year and several greasing(s), I finally saw some grease come out. I think the observation that it takes a lot of grease may be the best answer to this issue.

/ Can't grease axle pivot pin on 2210 #8  

<font color="green">Not a prob with my unit, after two or three hard pumps grease comes squeeeeeeezin out the other side... but I do seem to recall pumping about 15 times the first time I did it... </font>

/ Can't grease axle pivot pin on 2210 #9  

I had the same problem last year. The dealer said pin was installed wrong. Replaced and does not squeak anymore. I grease it about every other mowing, but, no grease ever seems to come out. I just pump till it won't pump no more!!

/ Can't grease axle pivot pin on 2210 #10  
My front pivot point was squeaking too. No matter how much grease I forced in, it still squeaked. I added a one shim (homemade) and the squeak stopped.
-Eric