Tires Took your advice and filled the tires!!

/ Took your advice and filled the tires!! #11  
They are anbout $6. I found mine at a feedstore, but TSC has them...

/ Took your advice and filled the tires!! #12  
I bought the same adapter from TSC. I believe it was around $9. Also saw it at NAPA. They wanted $16 - I left it on the shelf. I used a pump my Dad has and I believe I did everything in around 45 minutes or so. Probably not much quicker than pouring with the funnel except I didn't have to hold the jug up the whole time. I used the Winter formula stuff from Wally World. I ended up putting too much air in the tires and haven't taken the time to lower it back down so it is riding pretty rough right now - but it is on my to do list. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Took your advice and filled the tires!! #13  
Anybody had tires filled with washer fluid long enough to eval the corrosion issue? Can you add some antifreeze to the washer fluid to comabt the corrosion? (if there is any)

/ Took your advice and filled the tires!! #14  
I filled the tires on my garden tractor with washer fluid by submersing a small dia. hose in a 5 gal. bucket sitting on the fender, when I took one end out and slipped it over the valve stem it siphoned right in. I had to kink the hose once in a while and pull it off to let the air out. I don't remember how long it took. The valve is the bottle neck so if you had a hose that fit snug on the liquid part of the stem I would think you could fill them this way without pouring.

/ Took your advice and filled the tires!! #15  
I had heard that RimGuard is a non-corrosive, non-toxic alternative to calcium chloride, but I can't speak from experience.

/ Took your advice and filled the tires!! #16  
I wouldn't mind having some of that slime in my rear tires (not sure of the brand name, but it's safe for the rims). Only issue with the added weight is what it would do to my yard. I don't mow my lawn with the tractor, but I do need to cross now and then hauling various items. In spring when it's damp, it causes depressions in the soil even with the wide 17.5" R4 tires. In a perfect world though, I'd love to fill the tires...but I'd be paranoid about using anything other than a slimy gel or something like that specifically made to not corode.

/ Took your advice and filled the tires!! #17  
Thanks for all of the help and advice. Any reason NOT to fill the front tires w/ water? The tractor is a JD5205 and doesn't have a FEL.

Thanks.

/ Took your advice and filled the tires!! #18  
Only if you are prone to getting leaks, but then you should go foam filled...

/ Took your advice and filled the tires!! #19  
Water would be ok as long as you never had freezing weather. I had my front tires foam filled and when the time comes to replace my rear tires I will have them foam filled as well.