Silver Member

Default Engine oil for the Kawasaki engine

[img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
    This one ought to start a real debate!!!

What is the recommended oil weight for the Kawasaki motor used in the X series of tractors? The unit will be stored in doors in a garage that is insulated and will have a heater, but not on all the time.

Normally, a discussion of engine oil favorites is like trying to have a civilized discussion about politics or religion.

Let's see what the comments are! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Tractor
    PT2445; several ag machines and classics

Default Re: Engine oil for the Kawasaki engine

I'm not convinced it's really any good, but the Opti (sp) is what Snapper recommened for doubling the engine warranty. Of course for the price, it's like buying insurance.

I'd say if you already have a favorite, it should be fine.

Tractor
    Jinma, Foton, TYM, Belarus, Yanmar, Branson, Montana, Mahindra and maybe some green and orange too.

I'm going to step out on a limb here and say to use whatever weight is suggested for your climate in the separate Kawasaki engine manual that came with your partcular mower. Really, I'm not trying to be funny, I'd suggest going by the chart in the Kaw engine manual based on your climate temps.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    JD X595

What? You're suppose to change the engine oil in the Kawasaki engine? [img]/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Use the JD Plus 50 Syth 0w40 weight. My JD dealer has the 15w40 for $2/qt, 0w40 synth is alittle more.