My favorite Deere

/ My favorite Deere #1  

Robert_in_NY

Tractor
Case-IH Farmall 45A, Kubota M8540 Narrow, New Holland TN 65, Bobcat 331, Ford 1920, 1952 John Deere M, Allis Chalmers B, Bombardier Traxter XT, Massey Harris 81RC and a John Deere 3300 combine, Cub Cadet GT1554
This is a pic of my Favorite Deere with my other favorite Deer.

<font color=blue>Robert Turk Jr.</font color=blue>
<font color=blue>Whitetail Splendor Deer Farms</font color=blue>
<font color=blue>Silver Creek, NY</font color=blue>

Attachments

• 10-65338-Untitled-Grayscale-01.jpg
    10-65338-Untitled-Grayscale-01.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 186
   / My favorite Deere
He is a pet, he is the first buck we hand raised and is just a big baby. We would never shoot him or sell him. This is a pic of my dad with him.

Attachments

• 10-65410-mvc00011-1.jpg
    10-65410-mvc00011-1.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 164
   / My favorite Deere #4  
Robert, are you a wildlife rehabilator? I do some wildlife rehabing, but I've never taken care of a deer. In the first picture, there's also a doe, is she a pet also? The deer are beautiful!
Your Deere is beautiful also. Nice vintage Deere. What model and year is it?

Rich

/ My favorite Deere #5  
That is a beautiful buck.

Are you allowed to have wildlife without a permit in the State of New York?? And how do you keep them from the hunters. If you are able to do both and not have anyone bother you, you are fortunate.

In our subdivision, all of which are 3+ acre lots, no hunting permitted. The deer are pesky and get themselves into trouble. Dang things love to dine in our market garden. This year has been a little worse since we've had drier weather. Another problem is that we're beginning to see some inbreeding which is causing some deformities. We have at least three deer, two does and a 8 pt buck with deformed front legs. The buck is healthy with the bum leg. A real shame.

Thank you for sharing the picture.

/ My favorite Deere
We raise whitetail deer as a hobby. Most of our deer are pets including the doe in the pic. We have a license from NY allowing us to have the farm which is not hard to get. All of our deer are fenced in, we have about 30 acres fenced and our regulations require a 9 foot tall fence so the deer can not get out or wild deer can not get in. We have not had any problems with hunters but have had problems with dogs but we deal with them as best as we can.

The tractor is a 1952 model M that came with our place when we bought it. I have never done anything to it other than change the distributer cap and fluids and she starts up in the coldest winters with no problem. It is a great tractor and fun to play with someday I will restore it and put it in a nice barn so it can rest but until then I am going to keep taking it for walks. The little M likes to play with our deer.

/ My favorite Deere
The legs on your deer are probally the results from car/deer colisions. Most deer in heavily populated areas have had run ins with cars and the ones that survive usually have a battle scar or two. We have a couple areas around Buffalo that there is no hunting and the car/deer accidents is extremly high.

/ My favorite Deere #8  
My favorite Deere is the one that's paid for! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Wise Guy

/ My favorite Deere #9  
My favorite deer is one on the dinner table,I hunt them for a hobby.