2210 with an X seat -again

/ 2210 with an X seat -again #11  
What is x series? I was mowing today and was thinking of seats I saw in Northern catalog , they have 31/2" stroke ,I don't think my legs would fit under the stearing wheel if I sat much higher.

/ 2210 with an X seat -again
Oscer,
X series are THE elite garden tractor made by John Deere. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif The seat and it's associated suspension are what folks are using on the 2210s.

/ 2210 with an X seat -again #13  
I wonder what you can do for a better ride on a 4110? I guess I could rework my yard and try to turn it into a lawn.

/ 2210 with an X seat -again #14  
HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!! Have you guys ever thought of, like, slowing down ???? DJ you have 1.5 acres, what's the hurry? it take me less than 3 hours to do my 3.5 acres driving about 4 mph (top speed in low range) I tried mowing fast (6 to 7 mph??)for kicks and giggles and I did get the *&%^( bounced out of me. Maybe I should mow my country yard with an ATV, at least it would have springs and can go 30 mph! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm in no rush to cut and in fact can not go fast due to the ground being so bumpy. I think it is getting worst too. We have noticed roots coming out of the ground that were covered before. We had a rainfall shortage early in the summer. Could that contribute to the root problem?
The ground is strange here in where the grass has been scraped off the hill due to a certain 2210 operator there are large cracks about 1" wide and 6" deep that form as the ground dries out. It's diffinetly not the NJ dirt I'm use too.
So I guess what I'm saying is that any help in the seat department is good for any speed. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ 2210 with an X seat -again #16  
DJLX,

I see you have a 52" Woods Tiller on your JD 2210. Do you have any problem busting up virgin sod at the full 7" depth on the first pass? I'm a wee bit concerned about the 2210 being slightly unpowered for such tasks. Also, do you recall how much cheaper the Woods Tiller was compared with the JD 647, 48" Tiller? Lastly (for now at least), how wide a tiller is necessary to cover the tire tracks?

/ 2210 with an X seat -again #17  
I added a X special edition seat to my 2210 today It was really easy to do . /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gifAnd let me tell you what a difference it makes!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gifThis should be a factory option.It has a adjustable suspension and lumbar, And also has arm rests! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gifThe hardest thing with the install was mounting the seat switch.I will try to add pictures if the files are not to large. If not I will retake them.

JIm

Attachments

• 724988-01010025.JPG
    724988-01010025.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 411
   / 2210 with an X seat -again #18  
Here is another picture! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Attachments

• 724989-01010027.JPG
    724989-01010027.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 427
Sorry- I have been out of town for the last two weeks.
I haven't had any problem so far with tilling full depth in sod. This tiller is 52" and relatively light at 400lbs but I think that any 48" tiller would be good as long as you don't go over the 3pt capacity. 48" should cover the tire tracks. The woods was $1300.00 and the JD dealer wanting something like $2000.00 which I wasn't gonna pay.

RRacing
How much did it cost to put this on and did it include a whole new seat suspension?