210 loader racked; leveling it

/ 210 loader racked; leveling it #1  

JDFANATIC

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 2210
Hi all,

The other day I was using my loader and I noticed that the bucket seemed racked maybe 5 degrees or so. I know I had just moved a big rock that the loader couldn't pick up, only by continually holding the joystick rollback was I ever so slightly able to get if off the ground and move it. Anyway, as I remember now, due to the geometry of the rock, it kept sliding over to the right side of the bucket. As we all know now, the 210 will lift at least 1170 lbs to 16", so this rock was something more than that. Driving the tractor, the hood guard is between the bucket and your eye, and just seeing the differences was driving me nuts (my design and engineering background I guess). A friend suggested I check the tire pressures, but they were close, although the front tire diameters were off slightly. When I measured the ground to pin centers, they were all within a 1/8" of each other -- still the bucket was racked like a 1/2" JohnDeere2210 suggested I adjust the 4 (2 on each stand arm) 15/16" loader bolts, and so I did, leveling the bucket until it was right on. I did have to jocky the adjustment some so that the loader stand operated freely up and down. Anyway, I put the loader back on and started to drive away, noticing that though the difference between the horizontal edge of the hood guard and the bucket was closer, it was still off.

Yup, the hood guard isn't square or level. I guess that will be my next project.

Anyway here is a pic of the bolts I'm talking about.

Attachments

• 715820-210bolts_0002 (400 x 300).jpg
    715820-210bolts_0002 (400 x 300).jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 496
   / 210 loader racked; leveling it #2  
have you tried reinstalling the fel onto the machine because I think you will have problems with the front bolts not fitting into the slots

/ 210 loader racked; leveling it
deereman,

You do have to pay attention to the geometry of those bolts as there is quite a bit of play with the slots, but mine had clearly moved -- you could see it by the paint line. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif