4100 Operating Manual? softcopy? rear wheel?

/ 4100 Operating Manual? softcopy? rear wheel? #11  
Thanks, RockyRidge! This is fantastic!

To answer your question, I've been busier than ever and I don't get the chance to read TBN as much as I used to - but this thread definately caught my eye....

Thanks again!

-Bob

/ 4100 Operating Manual? softcopy? rear wheel? #12  
I have had my r4s switched on my 4100 for years and have had no problem with axles etc. My mmm is a 60" and it clears just fine. I did notice that the rear wheels stick out past the fenders, that may be the reason the manual does not recommend switching the tires, CYA..... Oh, and this might be a stupid statement but don't forget to put the right wheel on the left and left on right when switching to wide stance to keep tires in proper rotation direction. I remember reading a post a few years ago where a dealer actually dismounted the tires to switch them instead of switching sides..... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ 4100 Operating Manual? softcopy? rear wheel? #13  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Thanks for that post. Sounds like MMM fits fine in the "wide" stance. The front wheels look to be mounted in the middle of the wheel, so no advantage one way or the other.

HOw many hours on your '98? Anything major to keep an eye on?
)</font>

My R4 fronts have the "C" shaped shields over the valve stems, which won't clear the front hubs, so they can't be flipped. Like you said, there doesn't look to be much offset anyhow so it's not much of an issue.

I've got less than 400 hours on mine and no complaints. Two things I'd keep in mind: 1) The factory JD battery will leak like a sieve and the corrosion can damage radiator lines. I replaced the JD Strongbox with a yellow top Optima sealed AGM battery (51) and that solved that issue. 2) If you store your 4100 outdoors, keep the seat down and let the drain holes do their thing. If you tilt the seat up, rain will get into and destroy the seat switch which is a multi-prong unit that goes for almost $100.00.

All in all, I'm happy with the fact that after almost 400 hours and 7 1/2 years I don't know anything about my 4100's mechanicals except for routine maintenence. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Good luck with yours.

Donny