John Deere 3720 HST TRAVEL SPEEDS?

/ John Deere 3720 HST TRAVEL SPEEDS? #1  

JasonMac

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 3720 Cab Tractor
I would like to know what the road speed of the 3720 goes for in MPH. The UK site says 33KMH. That comes to a speed of 20.5 MPH. Is this a typo? or do you 3720 owners know if that really is the correct speed. It seems quite a bit faster than previous models. I am seriously thinking about getting another tractor, I have my eyes on the 3720 Factory Cab when that becomes available. Although the machine I have right now is great with the Jodale Perry Cab installed. But now I would like to have more Horsepower, speed etc,.. just thinking of course....

/ John Deere 3720 HST TRAVEL SPEEDS? #2  
Mine does 17 mph with a loader, MMM and 448 backhoe on it so yes, it will do it.

/ John Deere 3720 HST TRAVEL SPEEDS? #3  
Jason,

It depends somewhat on tire size. My 3720 will go 16.5 in c range with or without a load on flat ground and will creep to 17 going downhill; 8.7 in b range and 3.8 in a range. I have the 6 ply R4 tires which are the smaller ones. With the 43" tires, expect about one mph faster, John Deere says 17.5, and I would say pretty close. I doubt it would go 20, but it will almost get there.

John M

/ John Deere 3720 HST TRAVEL SPEEDS? #4  
Suffice to say that it will go as fast or faster than teh stability of the unit will allow, PLUS you had better watch the motion match setting if you use the cruise and want to break it. If you are on cruise at speed in C range, I'd definitely suggest manual pedal application and break the cruise with the rocker switch cause it can slow down in a BIG hurry...