Is the 300X self standing?

/ Is the 300X self standing? #1  

BloomingtonMike

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 3320
I am buying a 300X (no 300cx choice as it is a used deal) and was wondering if the 300X is self standing. Someone saw a thread stating that it is not self standing but I cannot find that post. Anyone know for sure?? Any 300X owners??

/ Is the 300X self standing? #2  
The 300X is self-standing, but it doesn't require any additional stand parts to get it to stand by itself. The FEL 'removes itself' and all you have to do is get off the tractor to disconnect the 4 hyd hoses.

From the seat, you flip two latches on each side of the upright columns after lowering the 'bucket' all the way and slightly lifting the front wheels. Then after the latches are flipped, you 'raise' the FEL which actually lowers the frame that was attached to the front weight bar, down to the ground, afterwhich the rear contact points lift in the air. At that point the FEL is free of the tractor. You shut the tractor off, wiggle the joy stick to remove any oil pressure in the lines, dismount the tractor and remove the hoses at the quick disconnects.
About a 20-30 second job.

/ Is the 300X self standing?
Awesome. And it just stands there on its own - no need to make a support bracket or anything while it is not on the tractor?

beenthere, that was an awesome story/memory lane visit btw in the other NEW"OLD"JD thread

/ Is the 300X self standing? #4  
beenthere,

Are you sure? I know on the 200 loader the 200X is not quick-tach or free-standing (the CX is), and on the Deere website there is a 300X and a 300CX. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Just want to make sure the poster is steered the right way. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Is the 300X self standing? #5  
Never 100% sure, but I was 'sure' the one I took off and back on at the dealer was the X and not the CX. Now you have me wondering if Deere regressed on the lighter weight one for some reason. I will be at the dealer tomorrow and will check that out. Thanks for the question. Not too late to get it straightened out. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

<font color="red"> Thanks Roy
I just checked the 300X manual on line, and no additional stand needed, and is as I posted </font>

/ Is the 300X self standing? #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( beenthere,

Are you sure? I know on the 200 loader the 200X is not quick-tach or free-standing (the CX is), and on the Deere website there is a 300X and a 300CX. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Just want to make sure the poster is steered the right way. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif )</font>

Just checked the Deere website. The 300, 300x and 300cx loaders are all quick attach.

/ Is the 300X self standing? #7  
You are correct, as I just looked up the 200X loader, and it says it is 'permanently' attached to the tractor, and not meant to be removed, which is interesting to know. The 200CX is quick-attach (and de-tach) as the others. The 300X is not 'permanent'.

/ Is the 300X self standing? #8  
Wow,

What Deere engineer stayed up late at night to design these confusing permutations? Just so you know, I wasn't questioning your knowledge, but was only concerned because of the 200x/cx situation, of which I am familiar. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Is the 300X self standing? #9  
"...but was only concerned because of the 200x/cx situation, of which I am familiar."

I do consider it odd that Deere went back to a permanently attached loader with the 200x. That seems to be retrograde to me. I'm sure it was a marketing/pricing decision...but not a good one, IMHO.

I wonder how many folks will buy one without realizing the 200x isn't a quick-detach? I do expect Deere will have some unhappy customers on this.

/ Is the 300X self standing? #10  
I'm with you on that, but......
then again, I hear about a lot of people that NEVER remove the FEL, so from their perspective, they win. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif