2210 3PH creeps down

/ 2210 3PH creeps down #1  

reich

Tractor
I have a 261 mower on the 3PH and it creeps down 1.5 inches in 1/2 an hour with the engine running. I did not close the valve off to see if it would make a difference because I don't think I should have to. Has anyone else had this problem with their 2210 hydraulics and if so, what was the problem and the cure? Thanks, Rod.

/ 2210 3PH creeps down #2  
Mine does the same thing and the loader does as well. I have spoken to the dealer and they have said to bring it in have it checked out. They said it is possible that there is an internal leak in the hydraulic system. Closing the valve does stop my hitch from dropping.

/ 2210 3PH creeps down #3  
the 3ph on my 2210 creeped down also. i used a boxblade as ballast when using fel and had to constantly raise to keep it from dragging. dealer said normal and designed that way. yanmar i had prior to 2210 did not leak down at all. PITA.

/ 2210 3PH creeps down #4  
I can stop leak down by closing that valve. I think they say it's designed that way they just don't want to admit to a problem

/ 2210 3PH creeps down
I did contact my dealer and they said there was a problem and would repair it without charge. They could not tell me the problem over the phone without first assessing it.

/ 2210 3PH creeps down #6  
That drove me crazy on the 2210. WhenI turned the unti off the FEL and boxblade woudl drop in no time. I figured it would take some time to bleed down.

D.

/ 2210 3PH creeps down
I do believe most leak down when not running, but there is no way it should when in operation.

/ 2210 3PH creeps down
I took my 2210 to the dealer for the 3PH leaking down. Seven days later they told me it's well within John Deere specs. If you do not want it to leak you have to turn the valve off. Sad but true.

/ 2210 3PH creeps down #9  
Unfortunately they all seem to do that at some level--some worse than others. My 2210 leaked down a little and my 4110 leaks down a lot less; very slowly, but not while it is running. In transporting a VERY heavy load in the bucket more than a few hundred yards, driving very slowly, I can bump the curl DHCV function after a few minutes and the bucket will re-curl an inch or less. No drop in the laoder arms or on the 3PHthough.

I have an old Gravely 8183T rider with a hydraulic lift for the mower deck. Last winter I incidently left the mower deck hydraulics 'up' when I stored it for the fall. The deck was in the exact same position four months later. The machine was built 27 years ago and the hydraulics have never been so much as adjusted once. Go figure /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ 2210 3PH creeps down #10  
I know my 2210 3 point always leaked down. I had to close the valve to get it to stay in one place. The loader on the 2210 also would uncurl. The 4110 3 point stays put when all the way up. I don't know about the inbetween settings yet. So far the loader seems to stay put also. I know I sure am glad I don't have to fight the floppy bucket I had on the 2210.

Good Luck