Tail lights

/ Tail lights #1  

fargo

Tractor
JD 3720
I have a 3720. When I turn the headlight knob all the way right (steady headlights), I don't have any taillights. Now I thought I remember in the past that there were red tailights which stayed lit.

When I turn the headlight knob to the other position, I will get amber hazards with steady red lights lit. The hazards/steady red light will also work properly when the headlight switch is off.

I checked the fuse and the bulbs, everything seems fine. So tell me, am I remembering things incorrectly ? Are there suppossed to be steady taillights when only the headlights are on (no hazards) ?
Thanks.

/ Tail lights #2  
This is from a 4310 standpoint; the furthest position right is the "work" position where the headlights are on in addition to any forward/rear worklights, and the tail lights are on. You might want to check the owner's manual or better yet the electrical diagram of the service manual.

/ Tail lights #3  
I believe this is normal. At the full on switch position my 3520 only has work lights on.

/ Tail lights #4  
You need to check your owner's manual. Sounds like they're a bit different from model to model.

On my 4010, I think the positions are: 1) hazards on and flashing, 2) headlights and tail lights, 3) headlights and flashing hazards and (I think) tail lights all on.

Ralph