Remote Filter for 2210 Hydrostat

/ Remote Filter for 2210 Hydrostat #1  

GreenDeerJohn

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 2210
Has anyone had any luck with finding/developing a remote filter mounting kit for the hydrostat on the JD2210? I’m performing my 200 hour maintenance, replacing the hydrostatic fluid and filter, and noticed several large dents in the filter shell. I’ve read here on TBN that several other owners have actually pierced their filters and lost their fluid. (only 3.4 gallons)

I thought I would consider a remote filter location and spent some time laying under the tractor looking of a good location. I think I’ve found one, but I’m having some trouble locating a spin on adaptor and remote base that fits our filter size. I think I want to keep the same filter to ensure the proper micron filtration. The filter thread is 1” diameter with 14 threads per inch. The gasket/O-ring size is 2-5/8 inch to the center of the O-ring.

I’ve checked several auto parts stores and have search the internet, but have not located adapter and base to match this filter. Perma-cool does have a remote base with the proper threads, but it doesn’t state O-ring size. They only have spin on adapters of the ¾”, 13/16”, and some metric sizes, but not the 1”-14.

If anyone has come up with a remote mount setup, our has some additional suggestions of where I might look, it would be greatly appreciated.

John

/ Remote Filter for 2210 Hydrostat #2  
Haven't moved mine, but considering adding a cooling mechanism at the 50-hour mark, i.e., transmission cooler up front, but agree the filter is in a bad spot and I keep a filter on hand in the shop for the reasons you mention.

/ Remote Filter for 2210 Hydrostat #3  
Ask your dealer to inquire at DTAC,John Deere's problem-solver for dealer issues. The dealer may find a solution for you there. They are incredibly helpful. The filter does appear vulnerable,I am also worried about it on my 2305

/ Remote Filter for 2210 Hydrostat #4  
I too have dents in my filter from removing/mounting the MMM. I notice exess heat and would like to hear if anyone has sucessfully mounted a cooler and how.