Optima Battery

/ Optima Battery #1  

dj1701

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 4320, Kubota BX2680
Ok everyone,
I have read the posts on changing my battery to an Optima yellow top. I am confused as to which one, the 51 or 51R? I have a JD 4115. Anyone have this tractor?

Thanks
Dave

/ Optima Battery #2  
Use the 'r' if the positive is on the tractor's left side...

/ Optima Battery #3  
I have a 4110 and replaced the john deere battery with the 51R. Had it for about 2 months and it all of a sudden stopped holding a charge. Brought it back as it had a 12 month warranty. The battery was tested and found to be bad. The sales man indicated that he has seen this before with the 51R and might have been a bad batch. Great batteries however a bit expensive. the store was backordered on the 51R , so I went and got a DieHard. Same size as the 51R and was half the price. The DieHard has been working like a champ.

I am not saying do not get the 51R. Just wanted to make you aware of the issues and possible bad batch situation. Hopefully all of the bad ones have made it off the market. That is if the bad batch claim is a valid one. Good Luck

Mark

/ Optima Battery #4  
Hi Dave,
Take a look at this thread - it's the last couple of posts at the bottom that will be relevant.

Jinma won't start - battery replacement

I replaced my battery with an Optima - got a good deal on a yellow-top 34/78. But, I was told I may have made a mistake (from knowledgeable people that I respect). I have heard from others that are happy with the Optima, I am defintely happy with it. Time will tell how it holds up. -- Just something to consider --

-Eddie