Alternator wiring....

/ Alternator wiring.... #1  

StevenPaul

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 2010 (Kranky), JD 4500
Hello All!

Is there anybody out there that can send me an email (Im4theSon@aol.com) for a JD 2010 wiring diagram. I've got the service and parts manuals but it doesn't give a wiring diagram for an alternator system. We've removed the voltage regulator and any excess wiring. We've got a negative ground system with an alternator, coil, starter motor, battery, and ignition switch. Currently there is an amp meter gauge installed. We can get it running but the coil gets extremely hot and the ignition switch little coil thing on the back starts to heat up and smoke. We think we have it wired wrong, yet it somehow sometimes works. Obviously I'm not an electrical engineer so any replies, please be as simple as possible. At first it acts like it wants to start up then the battery dies and we have to end up usually jump startin it. It's like something is constantly draining the battery. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!
Steve
Anderson County, SC

/ Alternator wiring.... #2  
There is suppose to be a resistor between the hot lead and the ignition system. I'm not sure what size But you could probably use one from an old dodge 60s-early 70s.

Jim