repairing cracked plastic

/ repairing cracked plastic #1  

coloradotrout

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 4100 HST CUT w/Yanmar 3TNE74 | JD 300 Lawn
I have a crack in the plastic cover of the operating console where ones feet rest ~ right over the transmission. Is there some material available today to fix a plastic crack? It seems like there ought to be.. some adhesive or epoxy that could fix this.

/ repairing cracked plastic #2  
I have used epoxy to fix a hole in the plastic end cap on my radiator. No leaks yet. A parts store will have epoxy for different applications. Just read the instructions till you find what you need.

/ repairing cracked plastic #3  
There are many different kinds of plastic. Some can be melted back together using a solder gun. Some can't be repaired at all. Some use specific adhesives specially formulated. Those home builders stores have a limited selection. My first choice is the local professional automotive paint supply store. The folks there might be able to identify the type of plastic, and therefore, the correct adhesive.
Good luck.

/ repairing cracked plastic #5  
There is a post titled " How to fix crack in plastic fender". There was a lengthy discussion on this matter. I gave detailed info on how to fix plastic. I don't know how to set up a link for this post.

/ repairing cracked plastic #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( J B weld )</font> JB weld may work to bond some plastics. You will not get a repair that is undetectable like you will when you use the proper repair material and procedure. If I knew how to link to the other post, it will explain everything needed to make a proper repair.

/ repairing cracked plastic
no luck finding it.. anyone have it archived?

/ repairing cracked plastic #8  
I have typed in the exact title in the search box with no luck. I have it saved my favorites as "How to fix crack in plastic fender" so I assumed that was the title of the post. Go figure /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ repairing cracked plastic #9  
I clicked on Boomerang1's profile and clicked to view all of your post. I think I found what you're talking about.

How to fix plastic

/ repairing cracked plastic #10  
I have used a product called SEM with good results on snowmobile hoods.