Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tractor
    JD2210

Default New Implement/Project - McConnel Swingtrim

Picking it up on Saturday. Intermittently breathing into a paper bag till then. Look out hedges!

(It's a great big 3-pt hedge trimmer)

PICTURES

Tractor
    John Deere 790

Default Re: New Implement/Project - McConnel Swingtrim

You must have a lot of hedges [img]/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] Hard to get a feel for the machine from the pics. Be sure to post some pics with it attached to your tractor and in use. I'm very curious [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Tractor
    JD 2210

Argonne,

Definately post some pics! How heavy is the unit and how much counterballancing will it need?

Gold Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 4320

I would like to see the pictures as well. I was looking at 1 of thoses to cut some of the steeper banks that I have.

Jim

Tractor
    JD2210

Alamo imports and sells these things. HERE is their web page on the Swingtrim.

I believe the published weight is 220Kg, but I don't have a good handle yet on how the weight is distributed. Presumably most is down low, but I'm guessing that extending the boom 14 feet left or right will get exciting on a 2210. I don't intend to use it in that mode though, so I think that some suitcase weights in the front are all that I'll need (if anything).

Hedges, yes. We have 330 feet of honeysuckle hedge (we call them the "bushes from ****") that I have been engaged in a war with for 16 years. With the 2210/Swingtrim combination we will be "nuclear armed" and should prevail handily in the conflict.

Yes, I'll post updates. The first order of business will be figuring out how to store this thing off the tractor other than lying in a heap on the ground. That and making it I-Match compatible should be interesting.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    JD 2210

What or how are you going to power it hydraulically. Off of the loader SCV? Tap into the Tranny?

Tractor
    JD 2210

Argonne,

Very interesting company and products. Keep us posted as to how it works out! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Tractor
    JD2210

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( What or how are you going to power it hydraulically. Off of the loader SCV? Tap into the Tranny? )</font>

To be determined.

Tractor
    Ford 1220, John Deere 770, Case 580E and Allmand TLB-35

Boy oh boy, what a find! That would be ideal for pond trimming. Maybe trees too [img]/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] If you can't figure out how to make it fit.........I'd be happy to stop by and pick it up. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Tractor
    JD2210

If you take another look at the Pictures link in the first post, I added a bunch of pics from various sources (I'm sure they won't mind) so you can get an idea of it's capabilities. Considering the audience here I was tempted to accompany the photo spread with some appropriate "stripper" music, but I resisted the temptation. Just hum if you feel the urge...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast