The MAD MAX of John Deeres...

/ The MAD MAX of John Deeres... #1  

hobbyfarm

Veteran Member
Check this out...

<font color="green">G. R. Manufacturing</font>
Apparently these guys come highly recommended...their name came up in the JD configurator. They also customize your tractor.
Can you spell SKID PLATE? /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Probably pohibitively expensive for the everyday guy though. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ The MAD MAX of John Deeres... #2  
Way too cool! I've got my welding machine plugged in and my torches on hot standby... Maybe I'll post some 790 mods soon...Thanks for the link!

/ The MAD MAX of John Deeres... #3  
Those tractors look tough!

Unfortunately, just a few hours on the job and they'll look like they've been rode hard and put away wet.

/ The MAD MAX of John Deeres... #4  
They did not make a skid plate for my JD 5105, so I made one myself out of a 3ft by 3ft piece of plate steel my dad had laying around. tractor was already drilled/tapped on the belly, just needed me to cut the piece, grind the corners, drill bolt holes, paint it yellow, and put it on.

/ The MAD MAX of John Deeres... #5  
I like it, that's some serious armor.

/ The MAD MAX of John Deeres...
Does anyone recognize those models on the front page? In the Configurator, the only series available in "JD Industrial Yellow" or the "Community Orange" factory paint are the 6000 series. It does not look like the 5000 or the 7000 has that option. (a 2000, 3000 or 4000 series would look cool in yellow.) Not to mention, under the construction website, do they even have a "plain" tractor in industrial yellow. You can get that brutally ugly 210LE with a 3PH and a PTO, but not a plain tractor.
Personally, I kind of like the industrial yellow - for some tractor uses. And I really like the <font color="purple">Valtra</font> tractors that have 8 colors available from the factory. It might be sacreligious to some, but a John Deere painted red would still be a John Deere. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I remember when the old L series could be had in the industrial yellow.
I guess a different time and place in history.

Our city has several Massey Ferguson's that are white that they use for shredding the right of ways. That's cool too. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ The MAD MAX of John Deeres... #7  
They made yellow deeres up through the 55 series... Dunno why they stopped...

/ The MAD MAX of John Deeres... #8  
Those are 5000 series tractors. They are building me a FOPS and they sent me some installation pictures and they show a 4610 in yellow. I also saw some huge Deere track hoe's in camo in the background.