790 how much will 70 loader pick up ?

/ 790 how much will 70 loader pick up ? #1  

deerehoe

Tractor
jd 770
hi I building crates to carry firewood I looking at half facecore to carry at one time. Wood weight is 600 to 800 pounds with pallet and forks I think Iwill be lifting 1000 any Ideas thanks Tim /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ 790 how much will 70 loader pick up ? #2  
Hi Tim,
My old 70 loader could muster about 700 lbs in the bucket about 4 feet from the ground but not any more at that height. Don't forget the forks move the weight farther out and that lowers your lifting capacity.

Jim

/ 790 how much will 70 loader pick up ? #3  
I doubt if you'll get that load 4' off the ground with the #70 loader. But you might get it a foot or two. Considering the weight, you might not want to lift the load more then a foot.

If you're using bucket forks (forks clamped to the bucket), that will really lower the weight capacity. I don't think I'd try anywhere near a 1000 lbs using bucket forks. If you're using the Deere forks (or equivalent) that replace the bucket...then I'd give it a try.

Make sure you increase your tire pressure to the maximum! There's a good chance a front tire could roll off the rim when making a turn. If that happened...at least is would be a real hassle, at worst it could roll your tractor.
Also, a thousand pounds is getting near the upper limits of the front axle capacity...something to think about.

What kind of rear ballast are you planning on using? I don't think filled tires would be adequate.

If you have a trailer you can hook to your draw bar, towing the load might be something to consider. The only difference I see is you'd have to stack your wood after the move.

/ 790 how much will 70 loader pick up ? #4  
If you just need to move the loaded crates around, why not pick up a set of 3PH forks and carry the load off the back of the tractor?

/ 790 how much will 70 loader pick up ? #5  
The three-point forks sound like a good idea. They won't be as handy, but should accomplish the task.