3-Point Hitch Limited 3 point hitch

/ Limited 3 point hitch #1  

rvtech

Gold Member
Tractor
2006 John Deere 2305
What does limited mean on the "limited" category one 3 point hitch on my 2305 /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Limited 3 point hitch #2  
Cat I attachments are the size that fit, but there is a lift limit as to what you can lift.
It has a 'big boy' hitch but not a big boy heft.

/ Limited 3 point hitch #3  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Cat I attachments are the size that fit, but there is a lift limit as to what you can lift.
It has a 'big boy' hitch but not a big boy heft. )</font>

OK, not to confuse the issue, but I think it's not so much the heft as the hight.
Cliff

/ Limited 3 point hitch #4  
It's a lift height issue on the JD Sub CUTS.

/ Limited 3 point hitch
So are there some attachments I won't be able to use? I understand they all need to be sized to the tractor and horespower.

/ Limited 3 point hitch #6  
rv,

I don't think you'll have any problems. Really the only implements I can think of that could be a problem: PHD and a Brush Hog, are being used by several posters here. As you mention, you just need to size them to the machine. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Limited 3 point hitch #7  
RVtech, in most cases you will be able to use implements that are standard. I have a full size PHD from TSC that handled just fine on the 2210. The 6' rear blade I have is standard and it worked ok on the 2210. The boxblade, bushhog and landscape rake were all the BX series that King Kutter makes for the sub compacts. These implements have a lower profile and and seemed to work better with the 2210. If you look at at 4xxx series next to the 2210 or your 2305 you will notice that the lower draft arms are lower to the ground. With the low profile implements they are pretty close to being level with the ground. Where as if you are hooked up to a standard they are sloping upward to the implement. Not sure how this works out as far as control but it seems to me it has in to influence control forces as far as dragging and leveling are concerned.

/ Limited 3 point hitch #8  
I have a 2210 and purchased a used JD 403 4" rotary mower for light brush. The 403 has "standard height" 3 pt pins so I cannot lift the mower as high off the ground as I would prefer, but it has not caused me any problems in normal operation. This is the only "limited" item about the 3pt.

/ Limited 3 point hitch #9  
rvtech:

I asked my dealer that specific question prior to purchasing the 2305. The information I received from them was that it could not lift things high enough off the ground to meet the lift height specs for Cat I. This was due to the length of the lower arms and the smaller size of the tractor. Just not enough travel.

It doesn't seem to be much of an issue as I use a 2048 BB instead of the 1048 BB (low profile). I was told that some post hole diggers could be a problem.

/ Limited 3 point hitch #10  
I had a normal Cat 1 rear blade and sold it because I could not use it on uneven ground with my 2305. It worked well for snow removal for years, but I had to shorten the top link to get much of any height.

I am considering the Frontier RB2048L. Does anyone know how high the 2210, 2305 or 1023R can lift the RB2048L above the ground? Consider a middle top link setting.

If I do not hear from one of you in a week or so I may ask my dealer to put it on a 1023R so I can get an idea. If I do that I will post the height information for posterity.

My use is for trail making. I plan to use the Bro-Tek skids to avoid transmission fan problems in the woods.

Thank you!