adding hydro lines for grapple on jd 2210

/ adding hydro lines for grapple on jd 2210 #1  

jdmann

Dose any one know if it is possible on the 2210 to add hydro lines to the fel for a grapple bucket? In addition what is the lift capicity of the 3pt hitch on the 2210 in lbs? thanks

/ adding hydro lines for grapple on jd 2210 #2  
Lift capacity for the 2210 is 700lbs for the 3 point. For the grapple go with the lightest setup you can get or you will loose alot of material lifting capacity.

/ adding hydro lines for grapple on jd 2210 #3  
Don't know if its possible to add hydraulic lines to a 2210 or not, but according to John Deere, the 3PH is rated at 700 pounds @ 24 inches behind the link arms.

/ adding hydro lines for grapple on jd 2210 #4  
deere_x475guy
That is one heck of a great porch on that log cabin. Just needs a keg and a big rocker to relax in.

/ adding hydro lines for grapple on jd 2210 #5  
Of course it is possible but there is not a JD kit for it. You could add an electric/manual selector valve with a switch on the loader control. You would then be using the dump circuit for the grapple. This has been done by TBN folks on other tractors but I haven't yet seen it on the 2210. I would very much like to have a grapple also. It needs to be light weight though. There is a company that is making a grapple for the BX23. I emailed them about the 2210 but they haven't responded.

/ adding hydro lines for grapple on jd 2210 #6  
Just as a side note, I am taking down a line of pines and have cut the first one down. After chainsawing off the branches I pushed then to the burn pile with the FEL. The truck was cut into 6'-7' logs and with the toothbar on I managed to pick them up by setting the teeth under the log and accelerating and lifting at the same time. It took acouple of trys but the 2210 was up for the task! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ adding hydro lines for grapple on jd 2210 #7  
Thanks /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Wife and I enjoy it more than words can describe. I have my morning coffee on it everyday.

/ adding hydro lines for grapple on jd 2210 #8  
Did the same thing here with my 2210 and tooth bar. I had 5 huge Cherry trees that were blown over in a big storm. I scooped the longer logs up with the fell and carried to where I wanted them cut and then stacked. Worked great.

/ adding hydro lines for grapple on jd 2210 #9  
The easiest way to add a hydraulic circuit to the FEL is with a electric diverter. I basically splits the dump/curl circuit into another circuit. I put one on my FEL last year to operate a snowplow that I made and for a future grapple project.

It is really not that hard to do, but will cost about $400.00 to get all the stuff to do it.

Do a search for "electric diverter", there is lots of reading on this subject. Just be sure to change the date range to "ALL POSTS", as it defaults to one week.

/ adding hydro lines for grapple on jd 2210
thanks alot guys. you all have very good infomation. i am new to this posting thing but have been reading posts for a few months. thanks for you information.
corey