2210 rear work light connector behind seat

/ 2210 rear work light connector behind seat #1  

Ray2210

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 2210
I have a 2210 and have been contemplating how to best install and wire a rear work light and couple of front facing high mounted lights as well. When I purchased a rear light kit from JD I noted that the existing connector at the back of the tractor is not to be used. I also happen to be a long time Toyota guy and figured that the existing connector looks just like a Toyota connector....... and indeed it is. An early to mid 80's Toyota is a donor for the mating half of the JD connector. Other Japanese cars of that era might possibly be donors as well. I took one from under dash on an 82-85 Celica and another from the license plate light.

I have read that many have run myltiple lights from that factory rear light wire. It only looks about 18 ga to me so I will be sticking with one factory 37.5 Watt light on that curcuit and adding wiring for forward facing lights on the ROPS. I will control them with a light switch from a Gator that has a matching light sybmol to the rotary switch and matching style to the signal switch .

/ 2210 rear work light connector behind seat #2  
<font color="green">Now if someone could just come up with a part number and source for a new connector that would be great.

Not sure I can come up with a used connector at the local auto salvage yard.

Mike</font>

/ 2210 rear work light connector behind seat #3  
I run three 55W lights off of that connector (one rear light kit and two lights on the ROPS) and have never had a problem with the wiring. Seemed too light to me but so far so good. I do have the ROPS lights on a separate switch mounted on the LH side of the ROPS, but all power comes from the same lead.