recommendations on tractor for snowplow Business

/ recommendations on tractor for snowplow Business #11  
In my opinion 12 driveways in your subdivision would be a
good fit for a 2305. Assuming the driveways are relatively
short and paved with manicured lawns up to the pavement.
I would want a backblade to pull the snow away from the house/garage and a snowblower to avoid snowbanks. Often
there is nowwhere to pile the snow. If you start pushing up
banks in peoples yards you may find yourself taking up lawn
repair in the spring. If you went that route you would also want a cab. Something to consider. I've done it all the ways
mentioned at one time or another.

2210,210 loader, front angle plow, back blade, rear blower,
54in. mower, rototiller, forks, pto generator.

/ recommendations on tractor for snowplow Business #12  
Earthly,

There was a similar, long, discussion on this issue last winter. I can't remember the thread but some creative searches might find it. If any one recalls the thread, please post. It would be useful to know what equimpent was finally purchased and how it worked out.

/ recommendations on tractor for snowplow Business #13  
Your getting all sorts of good answers. Two, that I didn't read is, where do you live? This may or may not play a roll in which tractor to buy, and the second question is, I didn't see anyone suggest a cab or at least a soft cab.. I had my own built late last winter season, enough to use it the last storm.. Now living on a 400 acre plus, reservoir, a 1600 ft driveway, the winds are strong and constant., Makes the days colder too.... A soft cab with no heater is still a blessing under the right conditions

/ recommendations on tractor for snowplow Business
I live in Northeast end of Orange County, New York
and from what the forecasters are saying we are going to get hit with approximately 24 storms this winter.
We also live on the top of a mountain, where at times we could have more severe weather than a mile or so down the road.

/ recommendations on tractor for snowplow Business #15  
Well
Your not all that far from me.. About 120 miles if you follow 84 almost to the very end. We too, live on top of a hill, just happens a large reservoir, (large for this area) is out our front door. It is always windy and of course this time of year, drops the temps significantly... We can have 10" snow and Hartford get 3 at best... I have a Kubota L 48, and love the hand made soft cab. I got the windshield, wiper motor, and a panel of glass on each side by the fenders. The rest is filled in with three soft panels...

Attachments

• 776332-Image001r.jpg
    776332-Image001r.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 180
   / recommendations on tractor for snowplow Business #16  
Hi Guys
Just thought I'd jump in on this one. I fully support tractors for use in snowblowing. Living in Canada, I know snow!

I currently use 2 JD 5425 (80hp) and love them. I can do 300 drives per storm with just the two tractors. My route is all within 5 miles of my house.

Also consider using a toolcat.
Here are some pics!

Attachments

• 778234-Picture 008small.jpg
    778234-Picture 008small.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 237
   / recommendations on tractor for snowplow Business #17  
How about that tool cat.

Attachments

• 778256-Picture 005small.jpg
    778256-Picture 005small.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 204
   / recommendations on tractor for snowplow Business #18  
Last year I used the New Holland TC 33D.
Managed to do about 90 drives with it. It did not travel as fast as the JD and with only 33hp not nearly the power. I did like the hydrostatic drive though.

Attachments

• 778258-Picture 170small.jpg
    778258-Picture 170small.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 188
   / recommendations on tractor for snowplow Business #19  
And the little kubota ...

Attachments

• 778259-kubota small.jpg
    778259-kubota small.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 217
   / recommendations on tractor for snowplow Business #20  
You can see in this map that each of my sections is very tight. Here I have 31 drives within 20 seconds of each other. Some routes have 50 drives this close.

Attachments

• 778261-Lex map small.jpg
    778261-Lex map small.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 220