Grading Front Hitch Blade JD 2305

/ Front Hitch Blade JD 2305 #1  

earthly2

Does anyone know how high you can lift a 54" blade when installed on the the Front Quick Hitch on the JD 2305. One dealer told me it can be raised 2-3 Feet.
Is this correct?

/ Front Hitch Blade JD 2305 #2  
I doubt it is that high. One of the drawbacks with sub-CUT's is the lift height. On my 2210 (I would think it is almost the same) the blower will barely clear a 8" curb, it will, however, also pick the tractor tires off of the ground by about the same amount. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Front Hitch Blade JD 2305 #3  
You will be lucky to get the front edge of the 54" blade more than 8" off the ground.

/ Front Hitch Blade JD 2305 #4  
Not much point in raising the blade any higher than the frame behind the plow is above the ground, and it's probably 6" at best. My X485 quick hitch is about that height or less. My Western plow frame on my 4300 is probably about 6" and expect the truck plows are similar, give or take a bit.

2-3' ? Don't see any reason one would want it to raise that high. Does anyone else know of a reason?

/ Front Hitch Blade JD 2305 #5  
Raising it higher would be useful in two situations:

1. To push back the tops of large piles of snow.

2. To free the blade from large piles of snow after pushing them back and you get stuck because you buried the whole front of the machine in the pile.

Last time I did that, I ended up disconnecting the blade and digging it out with a shovel. Now I am careful to make sure the front wheels don't get too deep. I take a few more smaller pushes instead of one big push. The snow gets compacted a bit on the bottom of the pile and you can drive the front up on it instead of sinking the wheels into it.

- Rick

/ Front Hitch Blade JD 2305 #6  
Earthy,

Found the same results as Fanatic. I have went to a snow blower this year so I wouldn't have the big mounds along the side of the drive. I ran out of room to push the snow last year and had to break out the FEL. I will see how the blower works this year. So far I have been pretty happy with the result. Although, we have only had a couple of snow falls this years so far. Nothing terribly deep yet, but it will get here soon enough.