Chains tire Chains

/ tire Chains #1  

Tractor
I just recieved my tire chains form tire chains.com. i spent a few days looking around the web at chains for my 83 JD 750. i ordered them from tire chains .com and they where at my house in two days. best price around ! 1/2 the price of TSC and twice the tire chains im very happy /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ tire Chains #2  
I asked my dealer for chains for the 4110 and they did not list a size available. For some reason I can't get to the web site for www.tirechains.com. The brochure lists 12 x 16.5 for my R-4 tires. Sounds like there is another size missing from this. What size did you order and did they have a chart showing sizes and styles? thanks jr

/ tire Chains #4  
Joe, You have a period after the .com in your link, that is whats keeping it from working....

Try www.tirechains.com

PS... I ihave R4 tires on my 4110, and have never needed chains, I I have been through some stuff /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif , Maybe you should try your tractor without them first, just my opinion-it's worth what you paid for it!

/ tire Chains #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The correct address is
tirechain.com

Kind of funny - on the header of every page on their site it says "tirechains.com ......... )</font>

Beat me to it! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ tire Chains #6  
I have a long drive that has several curves and is mostly up hill. To make matters worse tall pine tree branches block the sun. Ice cover tends to be a problem. My TC 45 D has a tough time with out chains and the fenders are so close they can't be mounted safely. Thought I would get a set for the JD, add weight and see what happens. I also make trails in the woods and fields for the deer so we end up going through some deep drifts.
Like a fool I found the error of my ways after the post by typing in tire chains. Such an exacting science ! Thanks for the help anyway. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ tire Chains #7  
I don't "need" chains on my 2210 most of the time (turf tires). I do have a bit of a grade, but most of the time can push snow uphill. But, I found one year that when I didn't have the chains on, the turf tires tended to pack what little snow was left on the gravel drive, and eventually turn to ice pack.
When I run chains (on the rear only), they tend to loosen things up some, and it seems to melt off better when the sun hits it.

/ tire Chains
My old 750 is only 2 wheel drive so i need the chains, and the turf tires are smooth as a babys butt, i just loaded the tires with 20 gals of water and no-burst anti freeze in each tire .got to save up for new tires and rims for summer.

/ tire Chains
tire size are 13.6 x 16