Tractor

Default tire Chains

I just recieved my tire chains form tire chains.com. i spent a few days looking around the web at chains for my 83 JD 750. i ordered them from tire chains .com and they where at my house in two days. best price around ! 1/2 the price of TSC and twice the tire chains im very happy [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Tractor
    New Holland TC 55 DA, 4110 John Deere, HT 20 Bolens, 1456 Bolens

Default Re: tire Chains

I asked my dealer for chains for the 4110 and they did not list a size available. For some reason I can't get to the web site for www.tirechains.com. The brochure lists 12 x 16.5 for my R-4 tires. Sounds like there is another size missing from this. What size did you order and did they have a chart showing sizes and styles? thanks jr

Tractor
    JD 2520

The correct address is
    tirechain.com

Kind of funny - on the header of every page on their site it says "tirechains.com .........

Tractor
    John Deere 4110, 455

Joe, You have a period after the .com in your link, that is whats keeping it from working....

Try www.tirechains.com

PS... I ihave R4 tires on my 4110, and have never needed chains, I I have been through some stuff [img]/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] , Maybe you should try your tractor without them first, just my opinion-it's worth what you paid for it!

Tractor
    John Deere 4110, 455

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The correct address is
    tirechain.com

Kind of funny - on the header of every page on their site it says "tirechains.com ......... )</font>

Beat me to it! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Tractor
    New Holland TC 55 DA, 4110 John Deere, HT 20 Bolens, 1456 Bolens

I have a long drive that has several curves and is mostly up hill. To make matters worse tall pine tree branches block the sun. Ice cover tends to be a problem. My TC 45 D has a tough time with out chains and the fenders are so close they can't be mounted safely. Thought I would get a set for the JD, add weight and see what happens. I also make trails in the woods and fields for the deer so we end up going through some deep drifts.
    Like a fool I found the error of my ways after the post by typing in tire chains. Such an exacting science ! Thanks for the help anyway. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Tractor
    JD 2520

I don't "need" chains on my 2210 most of the time (turf tires). I do have a bit of a grade, but most of the time can push snow uphill. But, I found one year that when I didn't have the chains on, the turf tires tended to pack what little snow was left on the gravel drive, and eventually turn to ice pack.
    When I run chains (on the rear only), they tend to loosen things up some, and it seems to melt off better when the sun hits it.

Tractor

My old 750 is only 2 wheel drive so i need the chains, and the turf tires are smooth as a babys butt, i just loaded the tires with 20 gals of water and no-burst anti freeze in each tire .got to save up for new tires and rims for summer.

Tractor

tire size are 13.6 x 16